JellyPages.com

Monday, October 15, 2012

Bye Bye Sofa...

The last few days we have been making do with sitting on foldable chairs and the floor as our good ol' fabric sofa was given away.

Although this was a decision we made quite easily as we wanted to change to leather so there would be less dustmites exposure for Victoria, we still had some sadness as we all had good memories with and on that sofa. For one, this was the sofa that William practice his climbing skills on when he was an infant, and for me, I'm just a pure sentimentalist.



This morning in the car, William had the following conversation with Daddy.

William: Daddy, why do we have to give away our sofa?
Daddy: Because in the sofa, there are dustmites.

William: *deep thought for a few seconds* What are dustmites, Daddy?
Daddy: Dustmites are very small creatures that live deep inside the sofa and on fabrics and cushions.

William: Why can't we just kill the dustmites?
Daddy: Because it is not easy to kill them.

William: So how?
Daddy: So that's why we have to buy leather sofa lor!


To the old sofa,

I have no regrets choosing you 4 years ago, to replace the good-for-nothing LDP furniture 3-2-1 seater.  You did not sank on us, neither did you break.  Your wood was as solid as the manufacturer's warranty.  

We had great memories taking family photos on you, and the movie nights too, 
The kids enjoyed piling your cushions all over the floor, and William did stunts jumping from the coffee table 3 feet away, only to land safely on you!  

Your successor will come from the same factory, only made of imported bovine skin and a little more canggih mechanism.   Don't worry, I will not forget you, because I know where to find you should I crave your comfort again. 

8 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

Oh my sofa is more than 10 years already.. still sayang to throw away.. though they are tearing off here and there already.. sigh..

ChloeRuoyi said...

Really sentimental la u, siap wrote a "tribute" to your old sofa hahaha. We'll be saying goodbye to our current 8yo sofa too, also to make way for a leather one, which I believe is easier to clean. I dread wiping and washing cushion fabrics and I've had enough of that already! :p

Agnes CF Lee said...

Mine like Claire's also more than 10 year already, koyak here and there, just need to change the kulit, our 3-2-1 settee should look new :D

Peter Yew said...

So near yet so far. Sniff, sniff.

Leona said...

I am lso in d midstof changing my sofa. Was gonna ask d Sahm forum at fb wat was a good brand to buy? Looked everywhere at all d main stores already but still cannot decide. Hubby wants Ikea Kivik range. Where did u get ur old sofa from? My sofa cushion all out of shape already.

LittleLamb said...

Do post up your new sofa :)

Unknown said...

First and foremost,(sounds very formal,kan?hahahahh) I like to make friends with sentimentalist...they are the people who treasure something old,they are not that unforgiving but they can be very mean, when they are being over taken advantage of...

So,to you my sentimental friend,hope to see you one day,hopefully not until I am old and feeble,,,

Say hi to Will and Vic for me, will ya?

Unknown said...

@eugene, sure I tell them uncle eugene say hi to them, and they ask me who? Haha...

Yes, you are right about sentimental people. That's why you see my posts sometimes so soapy.