JellyPages.com

Monday, May 13, 2013

The nightmare I had

Thank God it's not very often that we have nightmares.  In fact, I don't have a habit of dreaming bad dreams, but the other night, this dream came to me so real...

People say that if you have a nightmare, you need to share it with someone so "ward" it off, so here I am, sharing it with the whole world so that it will never, ever come true. 

I dreamt of William a few years older than he is now, maybe around 10-12 years old, and he stopped talking and sharing things with me.  He even refused to walk together with me.  He was like a pre-puberty boy wanting to be in his own world and with his own friends.  I think there were more details but I can't recall everything now. 

The crux of it came with the tears falling from my eyes in my dream and then I woke up and felt real tears on my cheeks.  That was probably nearing 6am or 6am-ish and the feeling miserable.  I went to my sleeping boy and stroke his hair, then looked at him a little longer before daring myself to lie down again. 

So there!  That's off my chest and hopefully never, ever to come true. 

On another note, today I walked my boy into class based on his request.  As he was settling down, I spoke to his class teacher.  The other kids were lining up in single file.  Then William squeezed in between his friends to reach me and said, "Mummy I want to hug and kiss you first.  I love you Mummy."  Just like that, without any prompting.  : )

Two pecks on my cheeks later, I was floating on my way back to my car...


XOXO


5 comments:

Health Freak Mommy said...

The Chinese believe that if you had a bad dream, say it out when you are eating to 'eat away' the bad dream! lol! I hope your nightmare won't come true.

Small Kucing said...

LOL.....hubby once said nightmare coz did not wash feet before go to sleep :p

Ben and Shaun said...

You have nothing to fear. Trust that God will help you raise William perfect, in the ways of the Lord.

Anonymous said...

He is so sweet to kiss you before school.

Liling

Peter Yew said...

Inner fear of not wanting him to grow up.