JellyPages.com

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Losing someone, and gaining him back

I could have been left a widow, but God gave him back to me.

5 years after "that" incident, I can still remember everything fresh... that morning, our text messages, where was I when he was admitted to hospital, the phone calls, the train ride and the lonely walk up the hill to the hospital. Finding myself in the ICU, beside this sleeping man whom I have only married slightly over a year, and the nurse walks up to me with papers to sign and a solemn message that the doctor wants to speak to me.

I love you dearly, my sweetheart. Looking back, I don't know how I actually got through the motions and emotions. Looking back, it was not me who was the strongest - Vic only 3 days away from turning 3 months. It was not you who was the strongest, but it was God who was merciful.

Everything happen for a reason, and it was not coincidence that you were there.

I lost you for that 10 seconds that your heartbeat stopped. Every year I'm reminded on this day how God has been so gracious and kind to me, because if I'd have lost you, I'd have lost myself too.

7th July - I celebrate life.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Kiss him, hug him alot today k?


Dear, i can't find you in fb.Then try to add me then.
angeline_ong81@yahoo.com

Reanaclaire said...

Treasure him... no matter at times how tough our lives can be..
I understand how you feel.. i remember kneeling in front of the emergency room when my husband was brought in around midnight... but God is also merciful.. He took him away so that he didn't have to suffer much...

Unknown said...

Thans for sharing, really,you know sometimes words are not enough to let us speak what's inside of us, only HIM up there could comprehend.

once again, thanks for sharing

Ann said...

I cried.

There is strength in and after weakness.

Praise God.

YuinTing said...

I'm touched by what you wrote. We have to treasure our loved ones.

Mamapumpkin said...

Aiyo, that made me cry. Praise God, indeed. *big hugs*

A Mom's Diary said...

God knows that you and Vic still need him. You wrote a brief account of what happened on the same day two years ago, and I had wondered about what happened.