JellyPages.com

Monday, November 15, 2010

Victoria's year-end concert 2010

Yesterday evening, Victoria's kindy held their much anticipated, year-end concert in the evening. The day before, on Saturday morning, Vic and her friends had to attend a full dress rehearsal at the school.

The weather, unfortunately was not cooperative and it was pouring about 4pm until the time we arrived at her kindy compound. Mama Yeh Yeh drove up from Seremban for this event, and Yee Sok Yee Sam and cousin Theodore joined us as well. Popo Gong Gong and Yee Yee's family were still up north with Uncle Julian and Aunty Winnie who are back for a visit from the States.

3pm - Vic slept. William too. Need them to be charged up for the concert later. Vic is happy to know she is required to put on full make-up.

5pm - Woke the kids up. I managed to squeeze in a quick bath for myself. Vic quickly changed, maid attempted to change William but failed, I had to do myself. Quickly put on some lipstick for Vic, no time for eye shadow or blusher, not that I have any (seriously!)

535pm - Left house with Mama Yeh Yeh & gang who came to pick us up. Thank God we could all squeeze into Yeh Yeh's MPV. Daddy is unfortunately in Singapore for a very important dinner and meeting.

At 545pm, there was already a small traffic jam leading into the kindy/church compound, but thank God we had parking. A little inconvenience because of the rain but we had umbrellas to ferry everyone safely into shelter. Vic and I walked to her kindy, registered, and in the classroom, she and her classmates ate a quick dinner.

As helper for her class, I got to enter her kindy and helped with the little kids from Iris class touch up their make-ups after their dinner... very very rush. The rain, really really didn't help as the kids couldn't just run over to the auditorium where the concert was held, but had to be ferried over in small groups under umbrellas or wait for the van to be chauffeured. AAahhh, what privileged little kids!

7pm - Concert started with brief introduction and icebreaker by emcees, then speeches, award ceremony for the 6yos, and finally the dances and presentations by pairs of classes!

The two boys... William and cousin Theodore - yacking away at the back of the MPV.

Having their light dinner before the concert.

Getting ready to leave kindy for the auditorium where the concert is held

She is sooo camera-shy..... either she won't smile, or she will look everywhere but at the camera. I must learn some paparazzi skills lar!

I got a shock when I saw the itinerary stating that the concert will end nearing 10pm! Fortunately, they ended way before that, at 9pm. The kids were quickly dismissed by class.

Whilst lining outside the auditorium, William came to check out jie's jie's friends... they immediately swoon over him, holding his neck and smiling for the camera. Look at the sister's solemn face... wonder what's on her mind?

This is one of their very entertaining Indian dance

Last performance, everyone comes on stage from 3-6yos for a choir presentation of "Jesus Loves The Little Children"

Vic's class and another class, Lily performance - a chinese dance

Another one of the presentations

This is Vic with a friend she was talked about, Abigail who also sits on the "green table"

Vic with her dance partner, Bryan from Lily class... ehh why is her hand on his knee???

Bunch of happy classmates after their performance

Finally, one for the album - proud mummy with darling daughter


Well done Victoria! Hugs and kisses from all of us.

9 comments:

Leeyen said...

Vic is such a tall girl compared to the rest! She's so pretty as always!

Julian said...

Sorry we missed it. Watching the previous years now. See you in a few days.

LittleLamb said...

Nice concert. She looks beautiful in the costume. I should also introduce u to other blogger moms whose kids r also in the same kindy as vic.

Leona said...

I like the pic with all Vic's friends surrounding William!!! Like celebrity like that....!!!

Inspired Momx1 said...

I am not sure if they still practise one year concert one year sports day. When my boy was there, he had the concert at 5 and a year after sports day and a graduation concert just for the 6yo. By the way, I can see that Vic is taller compared to the rest and she looks beautiful in her costume.

mNhL said...

Vic is so beautiful in that costume.

A Mom's Diary said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog Irene. Actually I always see your comments in buffafly and cynthia's blogs :-)

Ann said...

Good show! Glad she did well. William got his share of attention too!

Unknown said...

@Lee Yen, yea she's tall for her age. As tall as some of her 7 year old friends.

@Julian, it's ok, if got chance can show you the mini amateur video I took

@little lamb, Leona & mNhl, thanks girls.

@Ann, aah this boy couldn't sit still, except for the 15minutes milk break.