JellyPages.com

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

London Day 1

Helloooo!  I have been back for a week now!  The very next day after I arrived home, it was back to my routine of sending kids to school, and running around completing errands.  It's a great jetlag-killer (if I had any in the first place) and I must say, the first time I got back behind the wheels, it sure feels great!  I could switch radio channels, turn on the USB or CD player and control the coolness of the air conditioning... all small luxuries that we sometimes take for granted!

So anyways, here's my usual travel log on my time away... I'd like to title it Home Away From Home.

Day 1
28th July 2014

As early as 630am in the morning, dad and I left in our taxi from dad's house to the airport.  A few nights before, I found out that my dear hubby was already having trouble sleeping at night, and he would keep awake just because he's already started to miss me even a week before!  Almost hourly, he'd plant little kisses on my drooling unconscious self and I'd only know about it the next day.

So the night before my flight was to depart, I knew hubby would not be able to rest well.  It's hard to say good bye for this long a separation.  With the recent tragic events in the air, we're constantly reminded not to take our loved ones for granted.

10 days back in the land that we fell in love.  10 days in the land that my heart misses so much.  10 days away without my honey and my sweet, darling kids... it's definitely a first for all of us.  We have reminded both Vic and Will that mummy won't be around for a while, and they were so cool about it.  I planned out the work books for them to complete during my absence (mean ol' mummy going for a holiday and giving her kids work to complete, huh), stocked up the refrigerator, drafted out a food menu list and given instructions to my helper.  Despite a written routine handover and emergency numbers to hubby, I was worried if he could juggle his busy workload and home at the same time although he's assured me a thousand times over that he'll manage.

Back to the taxi.  I hugged Mom, Vic and honey, and kissed my sleeping boy goodbye.

My dad has checked us in earlier so we only needed to do a baggage drop at the counter.  Much to our surprise and dismay, the queue at the check in counters were all very long.  Apparently this is normal due to the "peak hour" at KLIA and of all times, the system went down so after a good 30-45 minutes wait, we were told to move to other counters.

We had only time for a quick bite before the flight, so we ate along the way to the Gate.  Dad and I shared a sandwich that cost nearly RM20.  A 500ml mineral water bottle cost RM7.50 before tax and I ain't gonna fall for such absurd price!

Flight departed at 1010am as scheduled and was uneventful.  It was hard to sleep because it was a day flight, so I watched 3 movies I believe, and snoozed in between.

From Top:  Selfie the two of us, Bottom Left:  How cool, we can see our own flight from outside, and Bottom Right:  I love airline food!  

We sat in the spanking new A380-800 which I learnt had three levels and had a maximum passenger capacity of 494 pax.  I know it's common for the Western airlines, but this was my first time seeing flight crew on an Asian airline who were so old and less good looking.  So where have all the young, good looking ones gone to?


We arrived on time at 1620 local time.  The weather was not too cold nor hot, something around 25deg C?  I can't recall.

Dad did an online purchase for a return trip on the Heaththrow Express, which takes us to Paddington Rail Station that connects to Paddington Underground.

Just before entering the underground station, we saw a Lebara kiosk.  Again, dad had researched earlier that Lebara offered the best data plan.  For only GBP5, we get 500mb data plan, and free calls from Lebara to Lebara numbers.  I wasn't going to make any calls anyway, but at least I had a local number for anyone in London to contact me, and the data kept us sane and in touch with friends and loved ones.  So, you can guess who I messaged first?

We met up with a contact who brought us to our "home."  Lovely place located in a quiet neighborhood with only one convenient store within walking distance.  That was good enough for us to get breakfast supply for the next day though.


Dad rested, whilst I unpacked, bathed and meddled with my new dataplan.  Praise God for a safe flight and smooth check-in into our place.






6 comments:

Adrine said...

data kept you "insane"?? ;-)

looking forward to read Day 2 to Day 10 !

mun said...

Your home away from home looks really nice! What a great bonding time between daughter and father. Next time your victoria will go travelling with her daddy also when she grows up.

Unknown said...

Adrine, thanks for highlighting!! Haha... what was I thinking?!

Anonymous said...

Hi Irene,

I hope this email finds you well.

Do allow me to first introduce my organization - NoQ Store is the e-commerce arm of Times Publishing, one of the most reputable names in printing, publishing, distribution and retail in the Asia Pacific.

We would like to sponsor you with a S$30 (approximately RM 75) book voucher for you to redeem books for a short review on your blog​. The review can take the form of a quick, simple mention, the content of which is completely up to you! In addition, we would also like to extend a 15% discount privilege to all your readers.

With a database of more than 14 million titles, spanning across genres like Children's, Educational, Parenting, Fiction, Cookbooks and many, many more, you will sure be able to find some fantastic reads for your little ones!

Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon!​

Regards,

Beatrice Ong
Marketing Executive - NoQ Store
6213 9208 (DID)
www.noqstore.asia

ChloeRuoyi said...

Hope you had a great bonding time with your dad but I can't help wondering why did you leave your mum out.

Lucky you for getting to board a nice plane. In our recent trip back, we experienced the worst cost-cutting measure by MAS. Felt like we were flying in a no-frills airline...terrible service...no more drinks and snacks in between meals, meals on board was pathetic (I love airline food too but not this time). Blankets also they wanna save....very limited and reserved for children only. I felt so sad for them, really :(

Unknown said...

Chloe, I'd love to have my mom come along, but she had to care for my nieces and nephews therefore unable to "take leave" as it is a relatively long time away.