Two years ago, when William was 4yo, he played the main role of the lion in his class presentation. This year, he was given the Whistle Master role.
Students were required to arrived early by 7:45am to register, thereafter they were to gather in their respective classes so that the teachers and helpers can help them put on light make-up, adjust their costumes or graduation gowns and feed them a light snack.
![]() |
| Left: Big jie jie helps him gel up his hair. He wraps a towel around his neck in case his shirts gets wet in the process. Middle: Wearing his shoes Right: Boy wears his costume by himself. |
Photography credits
Much as I would have liked but parents were not allowed in the classroom.
![]() |
| The auditorium was decorated with balloons and fairly packed with excited parents and family members |
However, as you will see later, we received privy photos taken by the official photographers of our son behind closed doors and unblocked view up on stage. Words cannot express how touched and blessed I am when these photos were sent to us, as the photos from my camera did not produce very good results. On the same note, many of the beautiful photos here were taken from Yeh Yeh's camera because Yeh Yeh decided to move up to the Gallery before the ceremony, and he found prime spot for his iPad to video and snap photos. I am forever grateful! Looks like getting front row, aisle seats has so much limitations.
![]() |
| His class teacher, Apple puts on a little bit of color on his fair white cheeks and lips |
The concerts started on time at 9am with a brief welcome by the Emcee, followed by the house rules and soon after, the announcement of the students and classes as they walk proudly into the auditorium.
Oops, this is not William!
First to walk in was the Malaysian flag bearer who was a boy from another class. I held my camera up to get ready to snap pictures of my son not knowing when he will be walking in, but assuming he will be together with his class.
I got a shock when the Emcee announced my son's name instead as the Malaysian flag bearer! I fumbled with my camera for awhile until I realized it was a mistake. I felt so bad for the boy who's name was only quickly mentioned after the Emcee realized his blunder, which I thought was rather too late as the Selangor flag bearer has walked in.
Finally, here he is!
After the four flag bearers walked in, it was William's turn and he smiled his boyish smile at
| First glimpse of my graduating boy! |
| View from the powerpoint |
![]() |
| Standing beside Teacher Evelyn who gives him the cue to blow the whistle |
![]() |
| Steady on stage. Very serious too. Hhmm... |
| View from the Gallery. William stands in the middle |
Teacher Evelyn gives the cue to William for the first blow on the whistle, to indicate for all to stand as the National Anthem, Negaraku is played.
After the National Anthem was sung, the guests were requested to sit and William blows the whistle twice to gesture the same to his fellow school friends. They get off stage and then it was time for the student speeches in three languages, Principal's speech and Pastor's speech.
Presentation of Certificates
| William stands on the last row, second from right |
| Second from right, William stands almost as tall as a few of the girls in his class |
| Each graduand's photo was flashed up on the big screen when their names were called to collect their certificates |
Party time!
We were entertained by all the colorful and vibrant performances in different songs made popular in the 1970s also in different languages.
Here are some by other classes:
| William in action |
And here's the video of his class presentation of "Ja Jambo"
| My little performer |
| Mummy with my two darling children |
After the ceremony, we had lunch at the newly opened Jaya Shopping Mall in Section 14. Although we had not planned to eat at Serai Restaurant which serves local, northern cuisine, but it was a pleasant surprise as service and food quality was good, dessert was sweet and the ambience was comfortable.
![]() |
| The foods that we ate... from nasi kerabu to pavlova |
And finally our home looked festive too, with all the balloons that we took back from the auditorium.
My Dear Boy Boy,
I want you to know that Mummy Daddy are both very proud of you. Your graduation marks another milestone in your life and although reality have not really set in for me, I know I will very very soon miss sending and fetching you from kindy. I will one day hold your folded uniform, wishing that you can fit into them once more. I will one day look at your Transformer pulley bag and wish I'll see you push and pull that bag as if it was a car to you.
Wasn't it just a couple of years back that you cried when you joined kindy? Boy boy, now you almost run into class every morning when I drop you off!
I know you are ambitious just by knowing what you want, and praying hard for it. But hardwork needs to be put in, and consistency is the key. Take time to play, but don't take too long a time to finish your meal or a page of homework. Last but not least, take time to assure your mummy here, that you will always be my little boy.
Loving you always and forever.
Update:
Last night when I put him to bed, I lay down beside this boy because I wanted to see him drift into Dreamland. This is what he told me after a while, "Mummy, you better go out to do your work now, so that you can finish fast and come in to sleep fast."







6 comments:
Congratulations William. May you continue to grow in wisdom and in favour with both God and men.
Congrats to William.
Congrats to your little boy
Congrats to your little boy
Congrats to William! Big boy now!
Post a Comment