JellyPages.com

Sunday, March 29, 2015

The man I married

I cannot honestly remember when was the last time I wrote a love letter to my husband.  It's been so long, but yet our love for each other has not decreased one bit.  In fact, after 11 years of marriage (our wedding anniversary was on 28 February) and 16 years of courtship and relationship, I must say without any biasness that our marriage is indeed made in heaven, only lived out on earth.  We even joked that in heaven, we will no longer be married but that joke kinda made me sad for obvious reasons.

My husband is a true gentleman, only to me.  He won't allow me to carry heavy loads, nor fill the car with petrol (except for emergencies and very rare occasions).  He'd take the garbage out for me when we had no maid without being asked to, and this sweetheart even cooked breakfast and washed up for the family during our recent holiday in Perth until I had to protest because cooking overseas... is so much joy and fun!  On times when I needed to meet up with workers or delivery men, he'd make sure I'm safe after they leave.

The little things he does, somethings announced and somethings secretly - like making sure I have my sunglasses in each car, or insisting that I wear his just so to protect my "fake eyes" (which is what hubby calls them), ordering two of my favourite on the menu if I cannot decide, bringing home surprise tea treats are just some of the many things that he does.

This morning I looked for my sunglasses in the usual place.  I couldn't find it and figured I may have accidentally took them out of the box and left them at home or in my other handbag.  Then something prompted me to check the sunglasses compartment which is where hubby would put HIS own, and there I found mine instead.

This man puts his family before himself.  Ever since I passed 30, the excitement of getting older doesn't come the same like it used to.  But hubby would not let my special day pass without such detailed planning even months ahead including showering me with expensive gadgets!  All these for one simple reason, he always tells me.

Friends tell me he's a good man. Yes, and he places God and family above career.  He doesn't ask for much, only happiness and a close family.  The man I married chases not wealth but God's heart.  His passion is mission - but alas, if only I shared the same passion.

When we plan for our holidays, he tells me to pick the place or country.  Then I draft out the itinerary and research on the places to visit and eat.  Basically I only need to tell him what we'd do and go, and my sweet dear hubby will see to it.  So there, a street wise traveller with a good sense of direction too and not to mention, a good eye for bargains too.


A good father too he is... always wanting to spend more time with both kids.  He'd play and learn about William's latest game interest, or download and earn up smurfberries for his princess Victoria.  When he's home in the evening, the kids wait to play ball or badminton or go cycling with Daddy, because Mummy is the boring one who wants to do nothing that involves me sweating!  

I write this not to boast, but I write this to acknowledge and affirm.  With him in my life, we can face the storms together.  In his words, "it's us against the world."

Today I wish this special man in my life, a very blessed, happy birthday.  May God's favor be upon you in all that you do.





2 comments:

Small Kucing said...

a match made in heaven :)

Adrine said...

You're a lucky, lucky gal!

Happy Belated birthay to SK.