JellyPages.com

Friday, October 31, 2008

Books that Victoria reads... or more like...

... these are some of the story books that I read to Victoria. We used to read nursery rhymes together, but later "upgraded" to simple and ever popular stories like, Little Red Riding Hood (and initially she was afraid of the big bad wolf. She was 2.5yrs old then), Goldilocks & The Three Bears (she loves this, because there are "bear bears" in the story) and The Three Little Pigs. She would ask me to read the same stories every night and everytime before she goes to sleep, until I get soooo bored with the stories. But amazingly, she can memorize the stories, and I found this out when she read some parts to me, her Popo and Mama.

Victoria would turn over the book to the back cover, and ask me to buy the complete series, which of course I oblige, to encourage her. So, we got these titles as well, in different publishers:

1. Chicken Licken
2. The Little Red Hen
3. The Sly Fox and The Little Red Hen
4. Jack & The Bean Stalk (frankly, this is a bad story... teaches little kids that stealing is ok)
5. The Gingerbread Man
6. The Elves and The Shoemaker
7. The Enormous Turnip
8. The Three Billy Goats Gruff
9. The Magic Porridge Pot
10. The Hare and The Tortoise
11. The Elephant's Nose
12. Bambi
13. The Emperor's New Clothes
14. Sleeping Beauty

and many more!


At one time, she was crazy over these stories, and wanted me to read sooo many until I can't keep awake, so I had to set her a limit... that we read only 2 every night. Which is fine by her, only thing is sometimes she counts 4 or 5 books and say it's 2 books, or she would spend 5 minutes negotiating with me. Once, we went to MPH and bought her 6 books which she wanted, and she was totally escalated!!

Now she's a MPH Kidz Club member, but that doesn't give any discount for Mummy's kinda books. Over the weekend, I went to MPH Warehouse Sale, and got some really bargain books for her, and William... and myself and hubby too! MPH should really have more of these warehouse sales. :)

I hope her interest in books takes off to higher levels. Some stories that she has are too difficult for her, but she insist that I read them. I say no lar, but she says, "Mummy you read for me, because I'm a big girl now. If not, how am I going to learn?" Wow. Good one. How can I say no?

However, after a few pages, she says "Stop, it's too difficult... let's read this one instead." Phew.

Well, enjoy this Vic, coz later on, you'll be reading boring KBSR text books, and what nots... and Mummy will have to read (and learn) along.

No comments: