JellyPages.com

Friday, January 2, 2009

Genting Trip

We went to Genting Highlands last Sunday 28th December, this time for a day trip which started at 1030am departure from PJ and arriving home around 8pm. The weather forecast was rainy in the afternoon, which came out to be true.

I took a pic of this rider on the way up to Genting.


This Genting trip was planned earlier as Victoria wanted to sit on the cable car again, and play with all the rides in the themepark. Secretly, she was still hoping to sit on the roller coaster which she invited me to join her, but I said no coz Mummy's scared, and then she said she will sit with Daddy. I said better not, coz I'm not sure if she can take "it" although she meet the minimum height.

Look I'm this tall.

I went up with her on the cable car, waiting in line for about half hour before we got into one. Thank God she didn't have any "shi shi" as we queued as there was no toilet in sight. Frankly, I was scared the moment our cable car took off. We faced back, downhill and Victoria was obediently sitted, didn't show any fear nor excitement but just total serene calmness. Wow, I felt like I was a chicken compared to our girl, and hoping that she didn't feel my fear. Daddy drove up with William and maid to meet us at the arrival.

Steady on the cable car

Upon arrival, we ate chinese food at the restaurant, before proceeding to the arcade for a while. Then we decided to purchase our tickets to go outdoor first, to take advantage of the good weather.

The whole place was crowded so Daddy came up with this smart idea. Whilst Daddy waited in line with Victoria for the Flying Jumbo, Mummy and William and maid went to line up for the Teacup so Victoria can just join us when she finish.

On board the Teacup... wheeeeeeee!!!


Can't resist this English phone booth.

Whilst Mummy and Victoria were spinning our heads off in the teacup, Daddy queued for the Double Deck Carousel which we all went as a family! This was William's first and only ride in Genting, btw. We went for two rounds, thereafter, Victoria and I sat for two rounds in the Astro Fighter before we started to feel raindrops!! It was fun eventhough we were wet a little, and made our way along the covered walkway to meet Daddy, William and Maid. Bought some yummy hot baked sweet potatoes and went indoors.

On the Double Deck Carousel

As can be expected, the place was even more crowded with the outdoor themepark closed due to the rain. Some rides had such long queue that estimated waiting time was 1hr to 1.5hrs! We only managed to ride the Venice Gondola (Mummy and Vic) and Ferris Wheel (Daddy, Vic and Maid).

Victoria on the Ferris Wheel

Victoria on the Astro Fighter

Victoria taking a quiet moment... looking at the fishes

Two kids playing arcade together... I'm thinking, hopefully they don't get addicted

We left in the evening, whilst it was still raining. Walked through the "slumps" of Genting to their basement carpark. Victoria wanted to stay longer, and asked us why we can't sleep in Genting, like she did with Popo GongGong in her first trip.

On the drive back, William was lau-gaied as he was too tired and just wanted to sit in front with Mummy. This is one of the rare moments, which should never happen again, that we allowed him his "ride" in the front co-driver seat.

Bye bye Genting... next time we will stay a night.

1 comment:

Peter Yew said...

When we get our complimentary Genting Awana rooms this year we will go up as families. Victoria and William will surely enjoy the extra time.