I look back at this year and realise... how time flies. Like many other people and like many previous years, we always say time flies. But do we really cherish time by cherishing each moment? Admittedly I do not all the time.
When I was working, I looked at each day with an aim. My clients were my priority, and their happiness was our objective. But now that I've sacrificed career for the two children which hubby and I are blessed with, it's their welfare and happiness that becomes our top priority. Sometimes when I carry William and look at him, I can't help but think how much he's grown and that he's no more my newborn. No more the little boy that just sleeps and suckles, but one with a developing character. Every month pass with new surprises from him. Victoria have given us the joy of being first time parents, whilst William is giving the joy of being last chance parents (for now). So, once I joked to Hubby that when William poops, he should grab the opportunity to change his diapers... because we may not be doing this ever again. : )
Victoria on the other hand, have matured so much this year especially eversince she's started playschool, and have grown taller. It's easy to hold a conversation with her now, and she can understand feelings just like an adult. Once when I've let my tears fall in front of her (breaking the number one rule that parents should never cry in front of the kids) she asked me why. Then she said, "You are a big girl, Mummy. You cannot cry. Don't cry, OK? Daddy will come back and hug you."
Some friends still ask me if I plan to go back to work. There is no plan to return to the workforce yet, although I appreciate the opportunity that awaits me. Year 2008 have been very challenging and an emotional roller coaster for us, with the addition of William multiplying the joy in this family, and then the discovery of Victoria's allergies, and the admissions of Victoria for acute gastroenteritis (September) and pneumonia (November), and William for bronchiolitis (October).
In a way, I'm glad we're coming to the end of 2008.
Hubby's MBA will end in January, and we are all excited for his graduation. Thereafter, I say he's a free man and we can look forward to some really good family times together.
I look forward to next year, 2009. I look forward to our next visit to Tangkak, for Victoria's follow up with the allergist doctor, to confirm if she has really overcome some of her allergies. I look forward to Hubby's last exam just before CNY, and the family times thereafter. I look forward to William turning one, and learning how to walk and talk. I look forward to the family holiday that we can have after Victoria has healed, and trips to the zoo and parks. I look forward to... the next Christmas where I can put up the Christmas tree I lugged home last week ; )
Sweet and Sour Mandarin Fish (糖醋鱼)
1 week ago
2 comments:
Hi it's Yvonne (M&M's mom) here. Just realized I forgot to leave my blog address in the FB email although I think it's still listed in my FB profile. You can also blog-hop from here. It's now midnight over to Jan 1 in Germany! Happy new year!
I am glad that you have gotten over the many trials of 2008. It is parenthood in a showcase and you have passed with flying colors! Surely I believe 2009 will be a good year for you and rest of the family. May God grant you all your wishes and may He bring great joy to you. Most of all I pray that Victoria's allergy will soon be a thing of the past and that she will soon enjoy unrestricted diet. Happy New Year!
Post a Comment