After asking and looking for lion dance in Singapore during our CNY holiday, and failed to see any live performance (Yeh Yeh even drove all of us including Victoria out at night in search of a lion dance), Victoria finally got her chance to see a real lion dance this morning, courtesy of Daddy's dealers in Mutiara Damansara. We woke early, to be there on time at 830am, but the lions and drummers only arrived 845am.
William came along too, but didn't exactly see the lion dance as he was sleepy and halfway through, dropped off to sleep while drinking his milk. Victoria... well, she was busy running here and there, sometimes yelling, trying to avoid the lions, and being scared and at some points I had to carry her. We even went out of the showroom to watch the lions. At one point, I thought the lions were going to the reception area, but then they suddenly made a turn and headed towards our corner... just after I told Victoria that they won't come near us. Aiya! Victoria must have thought that the lions were after her.
It was truly an experience for her. Last year she wasn't afraid, at least not THIS afraid. I think she's like me, when I was around her age. I shared with her that Mummy was once afraid of lion dance as well, and I hid behind the curtains behind the door when the lions were outside our house. I actually thought, at that time, that the lions will eat me if I go near them.
After seeing the lion dance, we asked her if she was happy. She said yes, but she doesn't want to see anymore lion dance.
No comments:
Post a Comment