JellyPages.com

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Love rekindled... in Kuantan

I did mention that Victoria was bored in the beginning of her holidays. One night when hubby put her to sleep, he asked her what she wanted to do this holiday and she listed her favourites... 1 Utama, Ikano jump jump (kidzone), ... and Kuantan! So Daddy did the near-impossible. He booked a room for all of us just 3 days before our trip in the all-packed full house Hyatt Kuantan on a Merdeka weekend.

The weather forecast for Saturday and Sunday was not good. All the sites stated scattered thunderstorms, rainy and cloudy. We were worried that our trip to the east would be wasted and spent in the hotel room watching DVDs instead of swimming, building sandcastles and the beach. I've never been so obsessed with the weather even when I was in the UK, until this time. So we prayed.

The weather on the way to Kuantan. We prayed that God will hold the clouds or betterstill, blow them away

We had McD take-away in the car for lunch while Vic took only a bit of her fried rice cooked by Kakak in the morning. William ate a portion of his porridge. I think the kids were either tired, or giddy from the windy roads. But they immediately got back into "action" when we arrived. 5 minutes before reaching the hotel, Vic was already giving us a deafening shout of "KUANTAN KUANTAN" in the car.

The weather when we arrived and the view from our balcony

From our balcony: Checking out the hunks at the pool

Checking out the babes... (William was totally glued)

Daddy and Vic went to the beach first to build some sandcastles before it starts to rain. Never know, rite. So despite the hot scorching sun, the two went ahead, of course after lathered the two kids with sunblock. William stayed back to finish his milk.

Then we went down and all of us headed to the pool side, where it's shaddier at what we call "William's corner."

Walking to the swimming pool in a hurry, ARMED with the two water guns


Vic practiced her kicking and floating in the water. We're proud to see her overcome her fear of the water, but I dare not say that she's become like a fish in the water yet, because she still relies on her float and some "warming" up. William is a natural with water. He loves being wet, even on the face and head but still hasn't taken any swimming lessons of any sort yet.

Initially Vic didn't want to get her upper body wet at all

Playing at "William's corner"

Both kids wanted the toy at the same time

Hugging after a fight

Daddy teaching Vic to float with a float

After the swimming, we took the kids up to bath them. By the time we finished, it was cocktail time at the club downstairs so we took some snack there and I took only ONE glass of redwine to make the stay worth it (haha).

Then we headed down to the beach to enjoy the view, and ended up catching crabs. Kakak was very good at it, and all Vic and I had to do was to look for crab holes and inform Kakak our digger, and she will get down to it. Her father used to catch crabs so that's where she got her training from. We caught two and placed them in the blue bucket used for making sandcastles. The crabs were kept in our hotel bathroom for the night and let go ALIVE the next morning at the beach.

Victoria's collection

Someone's just too lazy to walk down the beach herself

Kakak looking for crabs

Our catch of the day

Left him standing on the beach just for a picture and William got scared

That morning, we took a walk at the beach. The previous day weather had been good however that morning's weather was gloomy and looked like it was going to pour. We quickly took a walk along the beach, had a simple "ceremony" for the two crabs that was our pet for less than a day (just for the fun of it) and then let them go.

Playing with sand with Daddy

William can occupy himself with the sand

Playing together albeit just for a short time because Vic was moody

William was very chummy that morning. He hugged me so tight.

Laying hands on the crabs before letting them go.

After that, we went for our breakfast at The Kampong. My first time there, and rather disappointed with the variety of food, but liked the simple resort decor. Thankfully, Vic had some food which she could eat, and she loved the crispy beef bacon.

Digging into her breakfast... dhal, steamed rice, beef bacon, fruits, baked beans

After breakfast, the maid and I took William back to the room to put him to sleep whilst Daddy and Vic adjourned to the swimming pool for Round 2!! No pictures this time but when William woke 1.5hours later, we all went down to convince Vic to come out of the pool. She was enjoying herself so much and Daddy reported that she's learned how to float around the water in her float, even by herself. Of course, daddy stayed close by.

We had a late check out after feeding William in the hotel room and cleaning the kids up. Since I ate so much the previous day, I decided to skip lunch. Moreover, I was very disturbed by a casual comment by a young salesgirl the night before, asking me if I was pregnant! OMG!!! I couldn't believe this. I am so sure I am not, and I AM NOT, but maybe after a meal, my belly was a little showing. Sigh. Looks like it's time to drastic measures.

All in all, another wonderful holiday. Vic kept asking us why can't we stay two nights there.

2 comments:

Adrine said...

What a nice holiday ! And gosh, what are the chances of us both being in Kuantan on that same weekend???

We stayed in Hyatt last year too and absolutely loved it. Was tempted to stay there this round but at RM400+ we had to say no. Ended up at Vistana. Quite nice too as the room was newly renovated.

btw, the "hugging after a fight" photo of Vic and Wil is just so sweet :)

Health Freak Mommy said...

The beach looks so clean and the scenery is awesome. How's the hotel? I mean the cleanliness, facilities and food?
Whoa, I saw a big bling bling diamond ring!