JellyPages.com

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The season has changed

Victoria has her moods. Victoria also has her ever changing favourite foods. She used to eat tonnes of grapes and adores plums and bananas, and then a few months back she started disliking bananas. Some weeks back I bought bananas and she whallop almost half of it.

She used to like pork ribs, cooked in any way, be it baked or curried or steamed, but now she's lukewarm towards the ribs. As for fried fish or fish skin, there was a time when she'd bald the whole fish just for the skin (has to be fried) and also when she would "fight" with her brother over who gets more fish skin (salmon fish skin is the best, btw) but now she's offering hers to William and even turn down our offer for more fish skin.

Recently I realised that she doesn't like the fried arrowheads (ngaku) anymore, unlike just a year back when she'd down half a container or more if not controlled.

So what is her favourite food now? I guess the forbidden fruits/food are always her favourites. Once in a while, she'd reminisce about her late night suppers at Popo GongGong's house, snacking into her favourite bread with butter, and she'd tell me how she miss eating roti canai or ask to taste a little bit of the popiah...

Today I let her try just a very tiny bit of the pineapple filling on a tart, which was placed on top of the pastry (so I guess there is no egg sipped into the pineapple filling). She said it's too sweet for her liking, phew! But seriously it's not too sweet.

I'm not a sweet-toothed person (except for certain desserts) and together with the doctor's orders and my principal that children should not indulge in sweet stuff, I'm happy to say that Vic has in numerous occassions proclaimed that some food are too sweet or too salty for her liking. Mind you, she was quite a salty worm (ham choong) when she was younger and would gobble down anything very tasty or sweet.

I hope she acquires a tongue for healthy food when she grows older.

But of course, she still bugs me to let her eat sweets la. Guess the answer?

No comments: