JellyPages.com

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Please, just keep quiet for a while


William loves talking. I remember when he was a baby and still haven't learnt to say words, I was secretly worried, for whatever reason I was. I mean, I knew that it's only sooner or later, and I am told that boys' speech develope slower than girls, which brings to mind my brother who is older than me by 16 months who developed his speech same time or after me; so I was told by mom. Hehehe...

Anyway, my William talks a lot now. On the last day of our Krabi holiday, he skipped his afternoon nap as our plane departed Krabi at close to 3pm, which was his nap time, and I thought he will sleep in the aircraft, but he did not, and then I thought he will knock out in the cab bringing us out of LCCT back home, but he did not. All these while, he talked... and talked... and talked!!

At home, he talks almost non stop too. At this age, he asks many questions, some can be quite irritating especially when I am in the midst of some task, or just don't have the mood to answer him. When I recall his questions, I will add that into this post. I have to make special effort to note those questions down, though.

Sometimes (forgive me!) I have to tell him to just keep quiet and don't talk so much. Some other times (forgive me again!) I ignore him. Sigh, but I do, and I really do make effort to reply him as best I can, chat with him, and entertain him. He can be quite funny too but at this time, I don't think he's ready for school environment yet - the sitt-down-don't-walk-around part, the don't-yak-and-yak-and-yak part, the following instructions and don't-do-your-own-way part, etc. Or maybe he's just taking advantage of his poor mother.

I love you, my talkative William! But please, please, please... stop singing the "Anene" song in public. Oh my, he even made a jingle out of this simple phrase to the tune of "Jingle Bells" while his sister sings her version of "Tinkerbell, tinkerbell.. tinker all the way..."  That had me bursting out in laughter as two of them race into the room singing away! 

2 comments:

Alice said...

good for speech development. nvm la....let him talk, better than those can't talk yet, like my daughter, still happily babbling no matter how much I teach her everyday :0(

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.