Before the school holidays started, Vic and I made this unwritten gentleman agreement that she can only wear socks on the nights before a school day. So that means, she used to get Sunday to Thursday nights with socks.
I truly believe she is enjoying her holiday as she gets to sleep in till 10am-ish, although she said in her 2nd week that she was not, which was rather hurtful as we just came back from our family holiday in Krabi, but couldn't go anywhere in the 2nd week as she had to resume her Chinese tuition and also Mama was hospitalised, which was unforeseen.
For a few random nights, my little girl has "withdrawal symptoms" of not wearing her socks. When it's time to clean up before bedtime, she'd sit around with deep thoughts, then approach me with her cheeky smile like she's got something up her sleeve. It normally goes like this, where she'll ask with her sweetest smile if she can wear her socks for the night. When the answer comes back negative, she changes strategy and tells me she regrets making this deal with me, and wants to change it to alternate days, or sleep before 10pm deal, or blah blah blah.
Finally I give in... by giving her the Little Socks Plan. Started last week, Vic gets to wear socks if she accumulates a minimum of 20 points during the day, and the points are determined by:
Read a book - 2 pts
Practice Maths / Chinese / English / BM - 2 pts
Practice piano - 2 pts
Put two buttocks on the chair during meal times - 1 pt
Bring plate / cup to the kitchen after meal - 1 pt
Drink 1 cup of water - 1 pt
Greet and hug daddy - 1 pt
Don't fight with William - 2 pts
She achieved 4 nights with socks, and was happy. Then she asked me to make it tougher for her by changing the challenges or increasing the minimum mark. So I did the former.
This week, I put:
Sing and dance in front of all of us - 2 pt
Memorize times table 1x 2x and 3x - 6 pt
Draw and color a picture - 2 pt
Copy one page of words - 2 pt
Read a book - 2 pt
Sadly, our friend didn't achieve any socks night this week. I may have to revise my plan for next week.
On another note, I haven't come around to scout for Primary One uniform yet. I looked at the Professor brand, but find it too thick and too pricey. Seriously considering getting from my old supplier in Seremban.
7 comments:
Hi, read your post on sourcing Primary One uniform. I sourced my son's primary one school uniform from Kiko. They have KPrimary brand. The material is quite nice.
I bought my son's school socks from Kiko too. I used it when he was in kindies and it was long lasting for him.
check with the school if got their own supplier... we bought joe's from the school supplier. comes with the school badge siap siap. cheaper too!
Huh? Why cant she wear socks?
@Ben and Shaun, thanks for the tip. Two mothers told me that Canggih brand is not too bad. Where can I look for KPrimary?
@Buffafly, we don't "see" the school till Orientation at the end of the year, which is too late. We all source ourselves first lor.
@Littlelamb, Vic is a sockaholic. That means, if she can have her way she would wear socks 24hours a day. She has successfully gotten off her socks addiction for the afternoons, but not for the nights.
You terbalik with me ler! I make Chloe wear socks to bed every night. I'll sound her if she forgets haha. It's good to keep their feet warm when they sleep, esp during rainy season like now, when the air is rather chilly at dawn.
Chin's in Seremban makes good quality uniforms. Wondering if that's your old supplier :)
Hello Chloe, yes chins was my old supplier in seremban, but I will only be back later this year so I managed to buy her three sets now. Got the socks and shoes too... Oh btw, Vic is a sockaholic, she could wear socks 24hours if she had her way.
We scouted around for a bit for Yiu Yiu's uniform, coz we knew we'd not be able to find something for her size. We eventually settled for an independent brand from a shop in Subang Jaya, as the owner was kind enough to get her supplier to custom made for her :-)
Many friends recommended either Canggih or Professor too.
Post a Comment