William may be talkative when I fetch him, but he doesn't tell much about his day in school when probed. I guess it's a child thing, but both hubby and I try to inculcate in our kids to share about their day so that when they get into their teens, hopefully it comes as a natural thing.
Oh well, ask him how his day was, he answers "Good." Learnt from his sister.
Ask him what did he learn or do, what did teacher teach, and he answers, "Nothing nothing."
Once in a blue moon he gives hints of what happened in class which excites me. Or while taking bath, he'd suddenly launch into a song he learnt in school, and once he told me teacher said he was a joker because of something he said.
This afternoon, he did this dance for me and the maid... the first two times he did this (without video) he did a dramatic ending. For the video, he was more composed and less spontaneous, but do be entertained all the same.
Sweet and Sour Mandarin Fish (糖醋鱼)
1 week ago
8 comments:
How nice if the video could last for 3 minutes,, keep it up Will.
Hey next time you should ask him something like this just to get him curious and out of the norm,something like this,," Hey Will,mommy is a Superwoman and I know nothing happened in school today right? but then again,you are a super boy,sure got something exciting happened one,right? Now please tell me Superwoman is right or superboy is right?
Haha..ok I try that out. I need more investigative skills. Have to open 10 ears also.
Nice song William! I watched it twice :)
Irene, I also get one word answers when I ask Elyssa "what did you do in school today?". I only get proper answers when I ask in a different manner. I normally pick up little bits of info (just like William, she somtimes give info out of the blue) from her and then ask her specific questions from there. Like "did xx cry again? or did yy bring his Angry Bird bag again?". Then suddendly, her one word answer can become a 10 minute commentary about what happened in school, complete with full hand n body actions. :)
Try open ended questioning techniques instead of YEs/NO, 1 word answers
oh and also...boys/men dont talk a lot too as compared to gals ;p
hey my son even tell me "don't know"
hehehe nice song
Haha! I like the part when he did the pouting... funny.
- Sean
Thanks William for entertaining me during this sleepy evening of mine... :)
Post a Comment