Remember her shiny new bicycle that Daddy bought for her Christmas present just a month back? Well, during the first time to the park, she still wanted to use her old bike - the one with the learning wheels, and I was obviously disappointed as I thought she lacked enthusiasm. Being me, I gave her a penny worth of my thoughts that it'd be useless to own a new bike if she'd continue using the old one because she dare not overcome the fear or take on the challenge.
| Taken at Taman Tun park |
| We had a simple picnic that morning. Nice place for family outing. |
The second time, Daddy loaded her old bike into his car before he went to work, and we were to meet up in the evening at the park. That day, Vic decided she wanted to bring her new bike instead, and I told her since Daddy already took her old bike, just let it be.
So, twice at the park she used the old bike. Back home, she cycled on her new bike in our tiny porch a couple of times.
But last Sunday was a historic day.
6th January 2013. This was the day she went out with Daddy to the nearby park with her new bike whilst I stayed home with the other sick child.
They came home nearing dinner time and she was ecstatic! She told me that she finally learnt to cycle - REALLY cycle that is, and Daddy had to run after her. I looked at hubby for confirmation and disbelief. Then I knew it's real. She finally did it! And sadly, I was not there to witness her first triumph but I was really happy for her! Now she's found a new form of freedom... oh dear, another sign of my baby growing up.
So, here it is... my girl in action - taken three mornings ago when she wanted to ride along the road.
| Now she's wishing we have a big compound to cycle in... ah well... |
On another note, our delayed Christmas pressie for Vic has finally arrived in the mail... it's a ipod shuffle in apple green colour that we came free with the new Brother printer that we bought. During those times at the store, she'd look at these and asked what they were for, and she's always like listening to songs on my dinosaur phone.

So this one is for you, Vic... make sure you don't neglect your studies ok? The first song to be downloaded inside will be her favourite from Michael Learns to Rock, titled "Breaking My Heart."
6 comments:
Well done!
Well done, Vic! My boy picks up stuff in his own time too and it comes when you least expect it. :)
Good job, Victoria. Wear knee guards the first few weeks until you can ride confidently. Next time maybe we ride together? Will be real fun.
Hi Pa, good suggestion... But I think she is past that, quite steady. Needs to practice more on turning skills though, otherwise, she is a speedster. Yes, can ride together at the park.
Good work!! Vic looks really happy in her bike.
Way to go Vic!!!!
Post a Comment