JellyPages.com

Monday, January 14, 2013

Stocking up for Chinese New Year

It is slightly short of a month to the Lunar New Year and just like many others, I have begun stocking up.  It's amazing to see how the decorations change in the malls just a week after Christmas, from the nostalgic Christmassy feeling to alot a red and images of the snake - because it's the Year of the Snake this year, according to Chinese Horoscope.

I'm not fond of snakes, as I mentioned, I don't like to hear of one, or see one, let alone touch or go near one, or even speak of it.  But this year, everything for the next two months will be about the Year of the Snake, and I am even married to one born in this year!

That aside, have you started stocking up your pai nian stuff, buying CNY clothings, decorating your home or stocking up your pantry for the reunion?

I have so far bought two blouses for Vic unplanned, a shirt for William also unplanned, a nice blouse for myself planned - ahem - and another shirt for hubby - planned.  The house is still undecorated but that can be done pretty fast with the help of my two little ones.  As for food stuff, I'm half way stocking up on my pai nian stuff, and also bought fresh frozen fish from M25 

M25 offers a range of ocean catch, preservative-free seafood at very reasonable prices.  Whilst the prices of seafood at the markets have gone up considerably and ridiculously, M25 still maintains its price.  For example, I bought my 7 star grouper at RM73/kg whilst my regular fishmonger at the wet market quoted me RM100/kg.  Imagine my savings, without quality compromised!

Some fishes have sold out due to the coming festival, but the last week when I was at their shop, they still have big 7 star groupers and normal groupers, white snappers (red snapper sold out), white prawns, tiger prawns, lai yu mang, fa mang, premium black teat sea cucumbers (less ash than those sold at medical halls), fish maw, etc

Unlike many fish sellers or frozen seafood shops, M25 engages reliable suppliers and knows the source of its seafood.  Stringent quality checks and packaging processes are implemented before it is air freight over to West Malaysia. 

Besides frozen seafood, they sell dried shrimps and prawn crackers - the famous ones from Sandakan - too.  So fret not, you don't have to fly to East Malaysia to enjoy these now, they are sold here right behind our doorstep.

To find out more or ask about their full offerings, please call Paul Lai at 016-3384357 or 03-77266588.  They are located at:

26, Lorong Zaaba,
Taman Tun Dr Ismail,
60000 Kuala Lumpur.

This is not a paid post and all opinions are sincerely mine.  The usual stuff about the writer not being responsible for any mishaps applies. 

But I do hope you find the seafood offered by M25 pleasingly palatable, surprisingly affordable and most importantly, knowing that it is NOT FARMED and PRESERVATIVE-FREE, the way seafood should be!

 

3 comments:

Health Freak Mommy said...

Must ask my hubby to check out this place! He normally goes to Lee's Frozen.

Merryn said...

I havent start on anything.. shopping for clothes and CNY supplies all havent done. haiz..

Agnes CF Lee said...

I do not cook special meals for Chinese New Year so do not have to stock up food for that matter, as for new clothes I need to have the mood to buy new ones..hope some bonus will bring in some Chinese New Year mood..:D