JellyPages.com

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Snippets of a son's love

I may not be the prettiest lady around or the most intellectually engaging kind, but to my son, I am his world.  I say this without boasting or air, but the truth as it is ... hehe.  I'm of course basking in his love as I know one day he will have more of other things and people to love.


Mummy's Commandments

We spoke briefly about the Ten Commandments last year.  I proceeded to explain that these are God's rule and guide for us to lead good lives.  Then William added, "Just like Mummy's commandment."

"I do?"  I asked.  I mean, "Do I have a commandment that I do not know of?"

Without hesitation, William answered, "Yea.  Your commandment is to drink a lot of water!"

; P

Oh well.  That's the 5 year old's definition, so be it.


The bread pudding

For a party day at his Chinese Enrichment Centre, children were asked to bring some snacks and food.  I decided to make bread pudding.  I timed it just before his class, so it can be served warm and fresh.  Unfortunately that day I was in a rush due to unforeseen circumstances and the pudding did not turn out as nice as it should.  I'm still wondering how to make it NOT sink.

Anyway, I had it packed into the car and brought it to the centre and passed it to the teacher.  William was really excited to share the bread pudding with his friends.

When I picked him up, it was customary for the teacher to "tapau" whatever food they could for each child, and untouched food to be returned to the child/parent who brought it.  So William got a bag of junk food and teacher returned the partially touched bread pudding.

I asked William in the car questions like, "How did the party go?" "What did you guys do?"  "Did teacher serve the food or children helped themselves?"

Then the ultimate question... "Did your friends like the bread pudding?" He answered me as truthfully as he could, "I don't know but, I love the bread pudding very very much.  I don't want to hurt your feelings mummy."

Wow,  he got me there!  Where did that come from?

Hhmm... ok.  So I told him, "it's ok.  You can just tell me the truth, mummy won't feel hurt.  So did you really liked the bread pudding?"

William thought for a while.  Because we were at the red traffic light, I watched his serious expression.  A few seconds later, he answered, "Yes mummy.  I liked it... very very much!"

Case close.  No need to doubt this boy's answer.


Decorated Car

Decorated with mint leaves

We yanked out our indian borage (mint) plant last week because it was not growing healthily and we decided to use the pot as a nursery for the Japanese roses.  William has this heart for plants or flowers that we throw, but ironically he does not hesitate to pluck any flowers or leaves for a good cause.

When he saw the abandoned plant, he plucked out the leaves and started decorating the back of my car (see picture).  I told him that the leaves will fly when I drive out later.  Another day, he did the same for my car with the remaining leaves.


Toilet and shoes

My son... he may be Spiderman and all the superheroes that he dream to be, but in reality, he's really scared of the dark.  He'd run in and out of the kitchen if the lights are off, wait for someone to walk upstairs with him to switch on the lights, scream (and cry) if the sister turns off the light in the room and leave him behind...

Yesterday we were at a condo, after the tenants have checked out.  I decided to take a pee before leaving.  William insisted to wait for me (like a brave little soldier but with the occasional peep) beside the opened door.

On our way out, he wore his slippers and then saw that mine was apart.  I saw this only when he bend down to rearrange my slippers to be side by side.

What love.  The only other lady he does this for is his jie jie Victoria. 


2 comments:

Small Kucing said...

That is caring of him. From the sounds of it he is a very attentive boy :)

cre8tone said...

Such a lovely creative way to decorate the car like that.. :)