Busy busy busy!
It's been so so long since I last wrote a post here. The past 1.5 month has been very busy for myself - with the three projects that I'm involved in being in full gear. Sourcing for quotations, mental matching of furnishing, decision on colors and theme, timeline check and liaising with contractor and suppliers, all whilst still juggling time for the children and chauffeuring duties.
Again, so thankful for a good helper to keep the house clean and cook our meals. On a few good days, I get to take a much needed late afternoon nap, or sleep in just a little bit more before heading out again. My helper is a truly God sent - reliable and independent enough to carry out her daily chores and any additional tasks given without supervision.
I may have lost a few precious kilos which I hope not.
In the midst of the busyness, hubby has been so supportive in his involvement too - much of the time being the chauffeur to places I am still not confident to drive to, and giving his valuable input and more importantly, paying the bills. We had fun too, and I guess we improved over time, learning to handle all these with God's grace. Hubby is a constant reminder to me to take it easy, and not let anger or frustration seep in as we dedicate all our projects to God.
I have already pulled out two offending white hairs sticking out of the top of my head, teasing me in the mirror. The rest of the white hair I can hide in between the non-whites. I will deal with them later when I am more settled! (Pray for good Groupon deal, hehehe)
An expensive month!
Sowing in March, April and possibly all the way till June - these are challenging months. Hopefully harvest comes in quick ; )
So much to write, so little time, and worse is I am now partially inconvenient because of my beloved laptop being in the repair shop due to some burning smell emitting from the Power Button area. We managed to salvage my precious files (oh imagine the "damage" and heartbreak if my company accounts, work files and priceless picture files are lost) and now I work on our desktop with an external hard disk. Hopefully the repair costs is not too much (this is the second time my laptop went to the "hospital") otherwise I'd have to face the dilemma of pulling the plug on it, getting a new one or just revert to the desktop.
So how have the kids been?
Victoria's turned 9 a week back. I had trying times with my daughter before that, ended up us both in tears separately... but in the secret chambers of my heart, only God understands the intense sadness and disappointment. I wonder now if I've had given so much pain and tears to my parents? She's only 9 and I dare not think how it'd be when she enters teenagerhood.
On the bright side, some mornings we get to share the sunrise together, albeit just for a couple of minutes before the turns of the car bring us into the housing neighborhood where her school is located, blocks our view. On most mornings as much as I can, I pray for her before we reach her school. I'd park by the entrance, come out of the car and lug her heavy school bag out of the back seat, before the princess disembark herself. Then we hug and say good bye.
The security guard once complimented me that my princess is very pretty. Out of the blue. Yikes, that was sweet of him, but also puts a little fear in me in case he tries to be funny with my girl. Although I think Vic is too "proud" to even talk to strangers. Just in case, I warned her for the umpteenth time to be careful, yada yada yada...
William - on the other hand is still very manageable at this age. Lately he has been reading his children's Bible (the one given by cousin Theodore for his birthday last year) - this time all by himself, now that he has learnt to read. He finished the 521 page the first round and we all congratulated the little boy on his achievement. Then he wanted to read the same bible a second time...
He has his "theological" moments. One day I came home in the afternoon and he was all alone in the dining hall reading his Bible. Maid was cleaning the living area. I praised him for being good and, a couple of hours later, just as we were serving dinner, this boy took his bible out to read again. I had to tell him to put the Holy Book away so he can start eating. He replied me, "My dinner is not important, reading the word of God is more important."
???
On another occasion, I told him to go upstairs to our room first to get ready for sleep. I came in later to find him reading his Bible on our bed, with only one light turned on. So I reminded him, "William, it's not good to read in the dark" and the boy replied me again, "Mummy, my eyesight is not important, but reading the bible is more important!"
There are many more similar conversations with him.
A few nights ago, as we each pray for an item, William prayed along this line, "God, please let me be a pastor next time, and teach me what to say to the people in church. Teach me what to tell them, and what to pray for them...."
So, he says he's no longer interested in being a scientist now, and mummy discourages the pilot / astronaut ambition, and being an artist can still be a past time. He says he aspires to be the YOUNGEST PASTOR and he admires Joash, the youngest king in the Bible.
That is all for now. Adios, blessed weekend and my apologies for the long hiatus on my blog.
Sweet and Sour Mandarin Fish (糖醋鱼)
1 week ago
3 comments:
Why the disappointment? Are the expectations too high?
Post a Comment