JellyPages.com

Saturday, October 11, 2014

The little bookworm

William loves to read.  His passion for books is just amazing.  When he gets into the mood, he can just sit still and read.  He would even bring his book to the dining table to read while having a meal, which I would then have to prompt him to put the book away first.  He can even walk while reading, but of course you won't have pictures of him doing that because I won't be able to grab my camera in time, will I?

See his lunch box on his knee?  He's reading The Magic School Bus here

Here, he's reading a Chinese comic from Jie Jie

He reads in the car, sometimes sneaking a book in the back and reading in the dim light.  We get upset over that, because that spoils his eyesight.  His reply to us is "But I'm not reading... I'm just looking at the pictures!"

Sometimes he begs to read just one more page.  Sometimes he wants me to read to him.  Whether it's a story book that we bought since Vic's time, or newer ones, or borrowed from cousin Ling or his Spiderman magazine or even the Bible... this boy loves them all!

See his face... so serious!  


And upgraded himself to reading the Bible now. 
                         
William treasures his Spiderman magazine and has a small collection.  We buy only when we go the newstand and only if he asks.

When we go to the bookshop, he'd quickly grab a story book and find a place to read.  To me, that's always a nice sight as I don't have to worry about a running boy.  If Kakak is with us, he'd manja with Kakak to read him a book and the two of them will sit in a corner of the bookshop.

New books bring him so much joy... as much as new toys!  When he was 3 and 4, he adored the Cowboy and Buzz Lightyear in the Toy Story series, and watched the movies close to a 100 times!  When he reached 5, he moved on to Cars and Smurf, and at 6 now, he's into Transformers and The Avengers.

But books... ahh books... has always been his companion and nightly ritual.

In all kinds of position!

In the dining hall... 

In some weird places too... so far no episodes in the toilet  ;P


And sits like a towkay
Normally it's a must-have activity for him before bedtime

The topics he enjoys are so varied, from cartoon comics to science factual, to traditional Aesop fables and fairy tales, to modern tales.  He reads even calenders at one point!  If there is anything that can cheer him up, it'd be an offer to read him a book!  


3 comments:

Small Kucing said...

Nice that he likes reading. Can go borong from bbws

Unknown said...

Hi, yes yes... I'm looking forward. But I can only go after the launch. Hopefully still got many books left. You don't borong everything away ya! Hahaha

mun said...

William really loves to read looking at all photos of him in deep.concentration reading.