JellyPages.com

Saturday, January 16, 2016

The November that past

I must say, I still love this blog.  It's still a part of me, albeit neglected many months now.  We did not go overseas in the last school holiday, which is something different.  I think it's a good change to just hang around, rest and catch up on... work and errands?  

For Vic, she had a week of Maths classes at her new school (transferred to William's homeschool center in January 2016) in the last week of November, which was also the beginning of the school holidays.  

Every morning, I'd send her to the center for a 3 hour maths class which is only for the five new kids joining Year 5 this year.  The objective of the class was to close the gap between the Malaysian maths syllabus and the Cambridge/Singapore syllabus that they will be embarking on.  Back at home, it's good I also grilled gave them with additional maths work, so those that came from the teacher was relatively easier.  

For William, he joined a 3 days Vacation Bible School from 26-28 November at SSMC.  We signed him up after an invitation came from his classmate Justin, which was way before our own church announced their VBS.  I personally think VBS is a good way to expose the kids to some form of independence by spending the whole day at church - singing, learning, dancing, arts and crafts, discussion and whatever else they do.  

William made a name for himself with his cell leader and pastor at the VBS, for being over "enthusiastic" and energetic during the whole time.  When we found out at the end of the VBS, mommy and daddy were definitely not pleased to say the least.  

Singing their theme song


No comments: