JellyPages.com

Friday, October 23, 2009

William's little teeth

My darling boy has 8 full teeth, 4 on the front top and 4 on the front bottom. He has also now 4 gigi taring jutting out, and 4 molars peeping through his gums too. That makes... 16 teeth!!

Naturally, he has taken a liking for food that is not too soft, and food that he can chew. He can manage biting and eating apple all by himself and likes his banana in chunks.

I started introducing olive oil into his diet. This week's menu is stirfry fish, onion and pumpkin. He simply loves them! His steam fish doesn't appeal to him anymore, and a few times during lunch we had so much trouble just to get him to eat.

I know many parents have been far more adventurous with the food they give to their little ones, but hubby and I have taken a very conservative stand to delay introduction of any kinds of food that may cause allergies and if possible, no food that contains seasoning until much later. I mean, they are gonna eat these foods their whole lives anyway, so what is the rush, right. It isn't like salt and sugar and soya sauce will give them any added protein or vitamins.

1 comment:

Health Freak Mommy said...

So many teeth and he's only 17 mths+! My 18 mths old baby only has 4 teeth :(