JellyPages.com

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Approaching 3

William is just a week away from turning 3yo.

A couple of months back he has been more assertive in wanting his independence, I suppose this is a good thing. But it gets annoying when we are in a rush especially, and he seems to be struggling or taking his own sweet time to complete the task.

For example, he wants to choose and wear his own shoes and here we are rushing to go out. Then there's William wanting to brush his own teeth "all by himself" but you know how clean that is? For a cleanaholic like myself, I rather not see, than to get agitated at the many spots not cleaned. And there's also a time when mother-son had a dispute over wearing his pants, which ended him in tears.




William has many wants. I guess he feels bored at home, and he can tell me within a day that he wants to see snow in the morning, and an hour later, he wants to sit on the cable car, and in the afternoon he wants to go swimming. These days he'd also say he doesn't want to go to school, and asked why, he'd answer, "I ALONE, how?"

The unevitable truth is he kisses me less often now, but still oblige if I ask him, and I hardly hear his spontaneous "I love you, Mummy"s. But his little pleas for me to play with him, still melts my heart. He'd go... "Mummy play with me. Please... please... pleaseeeeee???"



Prince William will be marrying Kate Middleton on April 29th, the birthdate of my William. How coincident is that! : )

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Please tell William that uncle Eugene is so happy that he is growing up to be a fine young man,,, bravo

Unknown said...

Thank you, Eugene.

Ann said...

What a coincidence indeed!

Happy Birthday to William. He is indeed growing up into a man of his own mind.