JellyPages.com

Monday, October 31, 2011

Where is your penis?

This was the exact question that my daughter asked our maid awhile back.

Eversince being a mother, I have trained myself to keep my ears open, eyes sharp and ever ready to spring into action - whether as the comforter, reprimander, referee or whatever other role that duty calls.

While I was upstairs trying to get an important document out to the banker (asking for a bigger loan, haha!) I overheard my 6yo asked the maid at the dining table, "Kakak, where is your penis?" in a hushed hushed tone.

Naturally, Kakak was confused and didn't know the meaning of the word P.E.N.I.S so she asked, "What is that?" and Vic repeated her question.

At her 2nd or 3rd attempt, I interrupted and asked her to come upstairs. Secretly I thought I "caught" her at some mischief and immediately put on my "teacher cum investigator" hat.

I asked her if she knew what a penis was, she said it was "pet pet" which is a girl's genitals. then I asked her who taught her that word. She answered, "Teacher."

Huh? I probed.

Vic explained that "teacher told us when we go to school next time, not to let anyone touch our breast or penis." And apparently teacher addressed this to both the boys and girls.

Oh.

Vic looked really innocent. The fact that she thought that a penis is a girl's ahem... I held my breathe, trying to think of how to respond to her.

Then I burst out laughing. After I told her that a penis is a "bird bird" and not what she thought, she burst out laughing too, and so did the maid downstairs.

Oh, and I need to mention that as I was questioning Vic upstairs, William immediately went to Kakak downstairs to ask her "how to spell penis? how to spell penis?"

1 comment:

Leona said...

*lol* it seemed that 'penis' was the star of the day !
It is good that Vic is exposed early to these words...\I think i was in teenagehood only when I really heard of that word.