Two weeks ago on the first day that hubby was away on a business trip in Hong Kong, William fell ill with cough and flu. Knowing this boy, once he gets the bug, I have to immediately administer medication or boost his immune with multivits, else his body deteriorates very fast.
His nose was dripping, and I brought him to his normal paed in Taman Tun after dropping Vic off. I recalled those four days of juggling my normal routine of picking and sending Vic, settling the kids, meeting appointments (which is a good thing but really, without my partner around, it can get quite stressful) and now with a sick kid. I even got my car clamped on that first day, what a way to begin my week without hubby. As a result, I got mighty pissed at the guards and management office, donated RM50 to unclamp my car then followed up with an official complaint letter to the JMB but till now no reply. Oh well - whaddaya expect, we're in Malaysia, right.
On any other day, I wouldn't mind (in fact I do love) an occassional heavy downpour, or a long-winded crying sky, but not when I was rushing in between places. One afternoon I was caught in the sudden downpour on the Sprint, and arrived home to see my maid carrying my crying son just as the house went dark from yet another power supply trip. On another afternoon, I arrived half hour late to pick Vic from her tuition class, as I rushed back from an appointment and got caught in the rain again. And then there was another day that I had to get a good friend (aunty SY) to pick Vic from kindy and send her home for me - thanks buddy!
But of course, that was two weeks back. Obviously I survived, with much gratitude to my maid for at times like these, she has been a great help to watch my son at home, bringing my trust on her to another level. A note here that I don't normally leave my maid alone in the house, what more the kids alone with the maid, unless no other choice or that I know she has chores to complete.
Fast forward to this week.
Saturday 29th October
Both kids caught some bad virus over the weekend. William started purging during dinnertime at Marche on Saturday. Vic vomitted her salmon spaghetti a few hours later. William developed a nasty fever that didn't subside, but only got worse on Monday night-Tuesday. His purging was controllable, although he had another 3 more rounds. Thank God Vic was fine although lethargic on Sunday, so she could sit for her final assessment this week.
Monday 31st October
Hubs left for an outstation business trip. I'm alone to fend for the kids again. How come the kids always fall sick when hubby's not around? Just an observation.
Tuesday 1st November
On Monday night at 3am, his body felt like a hot kettle beside me, and I pumped him with another dose of Nurofen, Ventolin and Zrytec, sponged his forehead, but his fever didn't subside. His cough deteriorated, and he totally lost his appetite, only managing a little mee sua for lunch. Poor boy hardly got any rest at night, waking up every now and then, looking delirious and tired, coughing and I was worried yet I know God will answer my prayers.
The boy was tired even though he woke later than usual at 1030am and didn't want breakfast. When I went for a quick nap at 130pm, I found him later at 230pm with his head lying beside me but his body on the bedside table. I don't know how he could just doze off in such an uncomfortable position, but yea, he must be really really tired. Again his body felt feverish. Another round with slightly higher dosage of Nurofen didn't help either.
My in laws dropped by to help in the evening. They were on the way back to Seremban, but agreed to hang around to settle Vic whilst I brought William to see the paed the moment the clinic opened. For that and the many other times they came to help, I cannot describe how eternally grateful I am, because yea, for all you parents out there who don't stay with extended families, you will understand how precious these help are.
As we left our house to the clinic, the sky opened again, and visibility on the road was poor. I looked at my son, he sat quietly on the co-driver seat, with the glint lost from his eyes.
Vic was supposed to go to her music class but she brought Yeh Yeh to another place instead by mistake, got caught in the after office hour traffic-cum-rain, missed her class as a result, but well... it's ok, she got to enjoy a 1hour ride with Yeh Yeh. Precious times with her grandparents.
Doctor put William on one round of the nebuliser to clear the mucous from his lungs (he was not wheezing, phew) and prescribed Prednisolone and adviced to continue his Ventolin and Zrytec. I also asked for suppository to counter his high fever.
Wednesday 2nd November
Last night, William slept through and this morning, praise God for no more fever, a restful sleep last night, and increased appetite during breakfast. When he starting talking about Kungfu Panda on the bed, I knew my boy was on the rebound. : )
Fortunately for my two kids, I have no problem in getting them to eat medicine and they don't laugai that much, unless seriously tired. Today I look forward to hubby back home again after another business trip. Yippee!
Sweet and Sour Mandarin Fish (糖醋鱼)
1 week ago
5 comments:
Hahaha,parents shall be strong
agreed. even adult like us fall sick once in a while. I'm like u too, panic easily esp kids contracted cough, then mucus come, then flu la.....most afraid of hearing wheezing, but so far so good. Sickness come and go, and no matter how bad, it will soon pass. Gambateh.
It's tough when the children are sick, even with both parents around. Glad that your children are feeling better. Stay strong and healthy.
We mummys can survive! hahaha.. yes, with young kids, we worry.. but we can still manage..
In times like this.....let us know and we will pray with you.
Strength be to you.
Post a Comment