The Saturday after Vic's last day of school, I attended Vic's last parent-teacher-meeting at her kindy in the morning, kinda sad for me. Academically Vic did just as well in her final semester, ace-ing every subject but her class teacher and I believe that examination results is not the be-all-end-all. We ended up talking about the education quality in this country, and why the national language is not perceived as important as English or even our mother tongue, resulting in many children opting for Chinese schools or home learning centres. Of all the parent friends that I have, I only know one child (non-chinese) who is going to a kebangsaan school, the rest are mostly headed to Chinese or private or home learning.
In the evening, I braved through the Midvalley crawl into the shopping centre, looked frantically and prayed for parking, and finally joined some cars parked illegally without obstructing traffic or putting my white baby at risk of being scratched. Vic attended her music classmate Brandon's 7th birthday party at Megakidz, then I chauffeured her back to PJ where we met up with Daddy and William.
That night, we started our parking for Krabi the next day!
Sunday, 20.11.2011
We took flight AK804 out of the country at 1:30pm, arriving Krabi nearing 2pm local time. The weather was a little wet and drizzling when we arrived, but it did not dampen our spirits and excitement for the start of our holiday. Patty, the lady whom we booked our airport transfer and day tour with, was already waiting at the arriving lounge for us, and shortly after, her minivan drove us to our hotel, Krabi La Playa which is about 30 minutes drive away, located strategically along Ao Nang beach.
In the flight. Vic didn't sleep, but William napped less than 1hour. We had a simple lunch at the Plaza Premium Lounge before the flight, but the food was nothing great and there were flies around.
Our hotel, Krabi La Playa
While waiting for Daddy to check us in. We paid THB900 per night for extra bed and breakfast for 3rd person. William is not charged.
Mummy busied herself with photo taking.
Our room. Very clean and spacious. We added a single bed on the side, which Daddy slept on (no choice la)
And our view from our balcony.
1 hour after checked in, I went for my oil massage at the hotel (THB450) which hubby booked for me whilst he brought the two kids for a dip at the pool, just beside the massage house. The kids were famished immediately after their swim. Going out in a tuk tuk in search for dinner. Cost us THB50 for the short yet pleasurable 5 minutes ride.
This is our dinner venue. We just picked one off the street but it was a nice cozy place serving authentic Thai food for a reasonable price.
At night after shopping, we took this "motorbike-carriage" back (I don't know what it is called). Cost us slightly more at THB60 but the kids love this most! Vic even put one leg up like "beca girl" with the wind blowing in her hair.
9 comments:
LOVE family holidays:)
hey nice holiday ya...
Interesting holiday so far...and its only Day 1! Can't wait to read the continuation...u look v relaxed..:)
Start packing only the night b4?? ;)
How nice to enjoy a relaxing massage while hubs takes care of the kids!!!
Adrine, for security reasons I try to pack as last minute as possible. As a result, the previous time I forgotten to pack hubby's socks, and this round I remembered his socks but forgotten something more personal.. yikes.
Adrine, for security reasons I try to pack as last minute as possible. As a result, the previous time I forgotten to pack hubby's socks, and this round I remembered his socks but forgotten something more personal.. yikes.
Mc, Angeline, thanks... Leona, yea after massage very relaxed... hehe
Huh? security reasons?
Wild guess - don't want the maid to know so that she doesn't arrange something?
Yeah, I'm curious as to what the security reason might be? Did Adrine guessed correctly?
Post a Comment