We celebrated my mom's 66th birthday a few days earlier to coincide with the school holidays and also our short break in Seremban before returning to PJ.
Yi Yi made a room booking at Silver Dragon Restaurant where she is one of their regular customers due to business entertainments, if I may say... so altogether Popo Gong Gong, Yi Yi, myself and hubby, plus two maids and 5 boisterous, active grandkids (actually Sharon is too small to be labelled as boisterous, but since she has the same DNA it is safe to say that she will eventually be like her super active brother Andrew, or sporting talkative sister Grace, or even like her cousins Victoria the Tai Ka Cheh and William).
Dinner started at around 730pm with a round of peanuts and ordering of foods. After and during dinner, we had voluntary karaoke singing kicked off by William, Grace, Andrew and Victoria with Psy's Oppa Gangnam Style. Thereafter, Gong Gong took over with serenading us with oldies.
We also finished off a bottle of year 2012 Merlot red wine by Queen Aberdeen. Two bottles would have been more satisfying... : ) With our wine glasses, we each made a toast to our dear Mi and Popo.
Here's to long life, good health and multiple joys, ending love and warm friendships, above all God's blessings upon your life, Mi...
"You have always been my role model, ever more so now that I am a mom myself. Sporadic and random times I find myself "in your shoes" and then I felt like I understood you even more.
I remembered how you toiled in the kitchen to ensure we have home cooked meals and not catered nor tapau-ed food, a soup was almost a must.
I remembered how you lovingly woke up early just to prepare my breakfast and then to wake me up without the slightest grump or whine. I remembered how you were always there to pick me up, most of the times earlier than when my school dismissal time.
I remembered more, how you'd sponge me when I was younger so that the fever subsides, how you'd ensure the floors were clean, the beds were made, the laundry washed and folded, and never once did you demand that we helped you.
These, are just but a few of the many miracles I remembered.
You to me, is my superwoman. At this time, I feel I am less than half of what you are, and even a week without domestic help I am burned out with fatigue, two weeks and I'm almost a wreck and anything exceeding that, I am at risk of breaking down or two months - a walking time bomb.
How can I even compare myself to you? But yes, I know I am special because I am my mother's girl. You are not only sacrificial, but you show never ceasing love. A dedicated grandmother. I pray God's blessing will continue to shower upon your life. "
| Beancurd with minced pork |
| Pumpkin fried with salted egg. It was supposed to be crunchy but this was soft and wet - still nice. I kinda thing anything taste nice with salted egg |
| Prawnnnssss... my fav! These were fresh and of reasonable size. I told the Captain to pick those as big as possible. |
| Steamed cod fish with soy sauce |
| Status quo... or default... or standard... the Yuin Choy |
| 4 Sky King Belacan Style |
| Eating cake. |
| Vic enjoys cutting the cake and serving them |
| Sharing a moment with Kakak |
2 comments:
May God bless your mom with good continuous good health and HIS many blessings.
Wishing Da Po Mu good health and happiness!
Liling
Post a Comment