Victoria's routine here in PJ is lunch after school, which ends 12noon. We normally arrive home by 1230pm, then it's lunch which takes approx 1 hours coz she takes her own sweet time to munch, chew and swallow. Of course every kid her age is easily distracted, and understandably cannot sit still but Hubby and I would like to instill in her a good habit of finishing her food at the dinner table first, before running off.
So after lunch, it's half hour of rest or play before bathing time at 2pm which is also a favourite time for her as she loves to play with water and get naked (and sometimes round around like that). Sorry Vic, for exposing you like this.. I mean... your notty little act, but I'm sure many kids go through this as well. Kakak bathes her and these days we count when we wash her hair. She used to scream and yell and cry because she didn't like the water to even touch her face, or go into her eyes. But she is braver now, and resort to the fact that washing hair and water going down her face is inevitable. Thank God. So it's not so stressful now.
By 3pm or 330pm she should be in bed... but yesterday she didn't seem sleepy, or cooperative when we tried to put her to sleep. So I asked her sternly if she wanted to. She said no. Obviously. So I off the aircon. Took out her socks. And changed her long sleeve, long pants to shorts and short sleeve. She didn't resent.
Since she didn't sleep, I was pissed. But I didn't scold her. Later in the evening, William was crying. The maid was cleaning our car. My bladder was full. When I put William down on the basinet to answer nature's call, I was half angry. Because Vic didn't sleep and I can't too. When I came downstairs, Vic was sitting next to the basinet, gently shaking it, and she pulled the muscial "moon" for William.
My heart soften. As I sat beside her, I looked at her bb brother. He has stopped crying. And Vic told me that he just wanted to sleep. That's so sweet of her. She is truly a good sister to William. I know I can count on her to help care for William.
Deep in me, my prayer is strong for the two of them. William, I whisper to him... now your sister takes care of you... but when you grow bigger and stronger one day you must take care of your sister.
Sweet and Sour Mandarin Fish (糖醋鱼)
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment