Dear William,
Sometime back, our sleeping routine included you climbing all over Mummy and finding a nice soft spot (where else but my belly) to lie on, then then you'd fall asleep there. Another time you'd fall asleep hugging my chest, or my shoulders, or my neck, as if you were totally possessive of Mummy and didn't want me to go. As I lay there, I hear you breathe, and I feel your little heart beat against mine. I feel like I have the best job in the world.
A few nights ago, when Mummy put you to sleep, you finished your milk and lie on Mummy's bed. You rolled around, like you used to... laughed and climbed over me and then you open your mouth big big and tried to kiss Mummy. Of course, I quickly avoided you lar.
As you rolled around on the bed, you slowly become tired and sleepy. Then you wrapped your little arms around my neck as if you were hugging me. Mummy enjoyed it. I wish the moment did not pass. As I gazed into your tired face just inches away from mine, you look so serene, so innocent, so perfect. Then you slowly close your eyes, just as I sing you your lullabys.
Baby, you are my miracle.
Love,
Mummy
Sweet and Sour Mandarin Fish (糖醋鱼)
1 week ago
2 comments:
So sweet, Irene!
Wow Irene,
Moment stood still as I read your post. Motherhood is certainly a beautiful experience. Your description on relationship with your children is simply beautiful. I really think you are a very good mother.
Post a Comment