JellyPages.com

Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Ramli burger supper and the dragon fruit craze

Last nite Vic went out with Daddy to buy me a surprise supper. I say it's a surprise, because earlier on I told Hubby to warm up half the mushroom cabiata sandwich in the fridge for me as I was still feeling hungry even after had my dinner. I brought William to the room to put him to sleep and only then realised that the two of them left the house.

After William slept, I was bathing, and Vic sneaked into the bathroom, holding my burger in a bag. She told me to smell it, and my my... it smelt soooo good! Even Vic told me the same. Then she added that it's her favourite and she wants me to buy this for her when she gets well. (She always say this whenever she like to eat something but can't)

She insisted to feed me the burger and I let her. (She also always do this whenever she wants to eat something but can't) This morning Hubby told me that whilst they were out to "tapau" my supper, Vic wanted to be carried out of the car and not walk because she doesn't want to wear her slippers. (She's just manja with Daddy). When Daddy said no, she sulked.

The sulking continued until Hubby got the burger back, and she held it, and smelt it... her facial expression suddenly changed to one of happiness! (What a bluff, hor!) She said, "Wow Daddy! It smells sooo good!" She also wanted to eat it, and said the same to Hubby that when she gets well, she wants him to buy burger for her to eat. But she added, "When I got no more allergy, I want to eat burger everyday until I get allergy again!" What a joker.

What about the craze for the dragon fruit? A week back, I let William try this fruit, and he immediately took to it. He loved it so much that whenever he's finished his share, he'd "ask" for more. Vic's love for this fruit has been off and on. She used to like it, then for some reason she totally abstained herself from it so I stopped buying. Then when I started to buy the fruit again since it's in season, she liked it again... especially when it's chilled.

One day, after William finished his share, as usual he wanted more and I was hesitant as he's been having dragonfruit for the past few days. How much is too much? I thought. So, I tried to distract him, but to no avail... finally I gave in and said, "OK OK, I'll get you a little more" and William stopped crying. Just as I turned to pick one up from the container, Vic went straight to the container first, and quick as a flash, gobbled up the last piece.

Nnnnooooo!! I dramatically screamed. (I do that sometimes to humor the kids, ahem!)

Just then, William must have understood what happened and he started crying again! Sigh. That was the last dragonfruit in the house.

That evening itself, I went out to the pasar malam and bought five more. That was last week. Yesterday I went out to buy another five more. The craze is still on, and Vic and easily eat one whole fruit to herself, so the strategy is to take our share first before leaving the container to her. She once finished off everything cheekily knowing that Daddy hasn't eaten, then gave me the red-lipped, victorious smile.

No comments: