Some stuff I noted down previously but didn't get around to blog about it. Here they are:
1. During mealtime, Vic said, "Makam maam" and "Makan tuan" (immitating the Maid) and she does this with a straight face.
2. Asked her to list five of her favourite fruits at that time. Mind you, her preference are as seasonal as the fruits themselves. At one time, she had the craze for grapes (2yo), bananas (when she was around 2.5-3yo), then cikus and mangos (3.5yo), plums (4yo) and once in a while watermelon and dragonfruit. Definitely not bananas which she hardly touch nowadays. Back to my question, she answered me bananas and I asked her if that's her favourite fruit, why doesn't she eat it.
Vic answered, "Ohh ohh.. X! No, I like giraffe meat actualy."
3. Driving has always been Vic's dream. She loves it when Daddy brings her to the empty carpark near our house and put her at the driver's seat. Daddy will then let her turn the steering wheels for fun whilst he control the gas and gear. The rule is, "Don't drive on the grass." Vic has been bugging us to let her drive since she was around 3yo, and we explain that she needs to attend classes and get a licence to do that.
Some months back she said, "Next time when I'm 8 years old (to her, that's VERY OLD) I got licence, I bring Daddy, Mummy, Aunty Maria go out kaikai." What car? "Mercedez."
Yikes. Daddy said she got no budget and she will have to work hard. Vic in her own words said, "I work late, cannot come home early. Have to take train, Daddy take car. We work in the same office." Btw, another occassion she told us that next time she have to take helicopter to work. Wowee, like Donald Trump? :)
4. I was very tired one afternoon and wanted my rest. The kids didn't want to sleep for whatever reason, so I let William play on my bed whilst I lay down. Vic told me, "Mummy you sleep, I take care of William. I try my best." Then she turns to her brother and says, "William, don't disturb Mummy." And she takes a bunch of toys and place them in front of her brother on the bed. I was a little concern and very much amazed with the maturity of my 4yo. Didn't sleep at the end, more like just close my eyes a little while in between watching the little darlings play.
5. The other day Vic was telling me to do this and that, for William, for myself, for her... she's not only a little helper she can be a pesky boss! So I got agitated and told her, "Don't boss people around. I can tell you what to do because I'm your mother, your authority (she's come across this word before in the Character First module used by the kindy)."
Then Vic replied, "I didn't lar. Next time when I grow bigger I'm gonna be a auritity!" I burst out laughing. "WHAT? Auritity???"
The little girl blushed and laughed.
6. Vic can now tie her own ponytail with a rubberband on her own.
Sweet and Sour Mandarin Fish (糖醋鱼)
1 week ago
1 comment:
Vic sure talks rather maturely for a 4 yo. She is a very 'cher cher' to William.
Post a Comment