JellyPages.com

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Today I celebrate Life

Four years ago on this day I almost lost my husband. I share this here, with his permission, because I want my kids one day to know, that we are all here today, because of God's grace and mercy. Because Daddy was returned to us.

Up till today, I can remember more clearly than any of our anniversaries or any of our birthday celebrations, the first time I walked into the ICU, then the CCU ward, the walk uphill in the mornings and evenings before and after work, the phone calls and the lonely nights whilst my honey slept in the hospital. And each time I reminisce about this, my eyes get misty thinking that I could have lost the man that I vowed to love my whole life... till death do us part.

I remember even how Hubby told me not to go to the hospital because he was fine and only admitting himself for a day observation. Then it happened. CODE BLUE.

At that time, Vic was barely 3 months old. That weekend itself as she lay on her bouncinet I explained to her what happened and that Mummy Daddy will not be able to spend time with her, for the first time. I hurriedly said goodbye to her when my father-in-law came by to pick me up to see Hubby in hospital. Mom helped looked after Vic.

Have we ever thought how different things would be if certain things happened or did not happened? If not for God's mercies on my family, I would not be here today. I would have been a single parent, a bitter depressed young widow still asking what if and why and how come. William would not have existed. Vic's and my life would have been totally different.

Today I celebrate Life. The life of a man who gave me so much happiness and does everything for the simple reason that he loves me. I love you honey.

4 comments:

Joseph Wan said...

Its crude to say this, but i guess the Pearly Gate was closed for whatever that happened to your hubby. I have my share of near death experience last year too. It's funny how people in general take life and people around them for granted, until the moment where your life clings on by a thread.
I thank God everyday after my personal near death experience. I was actually resuscitated in the Red zone in UH. I guess my time is not up yet, and i have a duty to fulfill. Probably i was served with a reminder that life is precious and shouldn't be taken lightly.
For whatever reason, i am glad your hubby is ok.

Leona said...

Reading yur post makes me feel your infinite love for your hubby. It is wonderful to see such strong family unit and bond between your family.

Adrine said...

Gosh.... I had no idea. It must have been a very traumatic time.

And yes, like what Leona wrote, it is great to see the strong bond and love btw you and SK.

LittleLamb said...

May I know what happen to your hubby? Sounded so serious... anyway Thank God for his mercies.