JellyPages.com

Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 17: Camden Town and goodbye UK

March 13th, Saturday.

This day is finally here. Not that I look forward to this day, nor the kids (I can very confidently say they are having so much fun here, and adjusted so well, they are not even missing home although they did say they miss their grandparents) but this is the dreaded day that we pack up, say goodbye to dear UK and head home to Malaysia.

Our return flight departs at 10pm at night and the hotel has graciously given us our late check out at 5pm. Our hired car is scheduled to arrive 515pm.

We still had a whole day ahead of us, and today's plan was to explore Camden Town.

You gotta think that we are crazy. With already two huge luggages that's packed to the brim that will burst out anytime now, one huge haversack, a handcarry that's now become our next check in luggage, a working Barney bag, two stuffed backpacks and what else... we are going shopping again? And on our last day?

Well, I really wanted to check out Camden Town and also squeeze in Covent Garden and the usual shopping streets, and I'm very very sure we won't purchase anything larger than a fridge magnet this time.

We had our usual breakfast at the Regency Club which came complimentary with our suite : ) Then we took the tube to Camden Town.

The place is huge! Lotsa stalls selling apparels, weird ones too, heavy metal stuff, antiques, souvenirs and then we came to this river side where the hot food was cooking, and decided to have early lunch before the lunch crowd sets in.

We sat on chairs that looked like motorbikes which obviously both the kids love, eating mexican and chinese overlooking the river with only 3 pitiful ducks. William didn't have much appetite today. I don't know why. He hardly touch his lunch, and did not finish his milk before that. Well, so long as he's not sick and is active, I guess there's nothing to worry about. Everyone has "one of these days" right?

Weather was nice and sunny. We headed back to the hotel via tube around 2pm, and had safely 3 hours to bath the kids and put William to sleep and do the final packing.

At the airport, we got to use the premium lounge (also complimentary, although we were on economy class) and had our dinner there. The kids had a special dish cooked by the chef there, because none of the food was suitable for Vic except for the fishballs, which I must say that our family ate almost all of it.

The flight home was much easier, because it was a night flight and the kids rested. For us adults, not much of rest but at least they were not running up and down the aisle.

I personally don't know when we will be able to revisit UK again. I don't know if it will be another decade, or longer if and when the kids do study in the country. This is a country that holds a special place in both hubby and my hearts because this was where we met, fell in love and the rest... they say, is history.

And that is why, my dear children, you were both named after the English royalties.

(I love you UK. You will always have a special place in my heart)

No comments: