When William was a baby, I tried reading to him. Not even five seconds and this boy closed the book and turned away. After a few separate attempts, I gave up.
Books to him was only interesting when he is sitted in the car. He'd go through the pages himself, and sometimes that puts him to sleep too. : )
Now that he is two, I can't remember exactly how but we just took out a book, "The Three Little Pigs" one day, and he took to it.
Got addicted, is more like it.
Just like the sister when she was 3, William kept asking me to read the same story every night, every afternoon and sometimes morning. Aiyo, I read until I get so bored with the story. He calls it the "Huff puff" storybook.
Even Vic wants me to change story. Then I took her Hansel & Gretal out, and they both enjoyed the story tremendously. The latter is more of Victoria's level, but he seemed to enjoy the story too, and likes to turn to the page with the evil witch's face.
Hubs think since we have so many story books which we bought for Vic, we should not just limit him to the Three Little Pigs. Oh, how I agree! So we convinced him to read other books, and now his story telling time includes all of the books below. Plus, of course, the Children's Bible Story now and then.
No comments:
Post a Comment