From as young as I could remember, I would scream at the sight of lizards, or cockroaches or even big bugs and crickets. But lizards win hands down.
When I was pregnant with Victoria, I remembered many, MANY instances where these nasty lizards appeared out of no where - in the kitchen sink, behind the bottles, under the table and a few (could be the same idiot) even attempted to jump on me when I opened the house windows.
Of course I screamed for dear life, and poor Vic inside me, that must really scared the "shit" out of her (not literally). ; )
When I was pregnant with William, there were fewer, or near NONE lizards in my house, and I reminded myself to remain calm if I chance upon one - well, because I don't want my boy to grow up afraid of lizards. He will have to take over this honorable duty of removing this hybrid from our residence.
Over the years, lizards are almost non existent in our house, and whenever there is one or two who venture in from the outside world, they meet their Maker very soon. The very moment I see one, I'd sound the alarm, and if hubs is around he comes running to my rescue and the two kids stand on guard. It's a blessing that our new Cambodian maid is not afraid of lizards like her crazy madam and she has gained some brownie points by whacking them for me. ; )
This is the only lizard that I allow in the house...
I hope when Vic and Will grow older, they will not be like me - afraid of lizards. Sometimes cheeky Vic will frighten her brother by saying, "If you don't.... the lizards will come and bite you!" or "You sleep downstairs with the lizards at night" and the poor boy will go into stunt mode.
8 comments:
Irene, I couldn't stop smiling and nodding in agreement while reading this post! I am one crazy lizard-phobic woman too haha. Same with you, my home is totally lizard-free too. I'll impose the mandatory death sentence for every unlucky trespasser (executed by the hubs, of course). Since we're staying in a high-rise, spotting these pesky pests are rare. Phew!
I am just speechless, lizard phobic, hahahah. you made me laugh lah.
I hate lizards...they simply shit. They are plenty of them in my office. BIG one....but I dare not hit them. Only shooed them away.
LOL...thankfully my house has very few lizards. There is one too many cockroaches though and I may be scared of them but not scared enough to beat them flat and muchy with the newspaper! hahaha..
teaching my son to squash them too now.
How to u kill a lizard??? Eeks...squash them??? I can't imagine.
Funnily..I LOVE lizards coz they are my saviour to my no.1 enemy COCKROACHES!!! And I find them cute with their round beady eyes!
Lizards eat cockroaches and because of them...they managed to keep the cockroach community in my house to a minimum. So I welcome them to my house anytime!!!
I dont like Lizards. and I have overcome the fear. When I see them, I wont freak. Instead, I will try to trap them and then kill them..ahahahah
@leona, my hubs uses hot water to splash on them, kills them almost instantly, and less mess! ; P can't use sheildtox coz after that a lot of wiping and washing of dishes/cups if in kitchen.
btw, i didn't know lizards eat cockroaches? u mean, eat their eggs or bb cockroaches?
Haha... yah, I forgot to add that it is not the big black type... more like the light brown ones...a smaller type of cockroaches...
can lizards die from shieltox??? haven't tried ebfore... poor things!
Post a Comment