JellyPages.com

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Miss Information Counter

Your first impression of Victoria, if you do get the privilege to meet HRH, is that she is reserved and shy. Yes, that is true but looks can also be deceiving. When she warms up to you, she can be very chatty, sticky and informative.

Lately I find the latter so true. I make it a point to talk about her day in school after fetching her, and if she's not in the mood to share, which is the usual scenario, I need to do a little more probing. But when she does share about her day or friends, I find that she knows quite a lot of things.

She knows which kid is from what class, which teacher teaches which class, whose brother is also studying in the same kindy, whether the baby in a pregnant teacher's belly is a boy or girl, and which teacher will discontinue teaching next year. Haha.

So how does she knows all these, I ask her? Was she NOT paying attention in class (the kindy have a open classroom concept)? No, Vic told me that during recess time, she looked around and did her survey and info-gathering. I smile to myself - sound so familiar. ;)

Today she tells me that teacher Esther said thank you to her and gave her a hug for the card she made for teacher. So sweet. Yes, indeed it is sad when teachers move on, or even when kids lose their kindy friends when they graduate to Primary One.

For me, I can remember only a couple of my kindy friend in particular an Indian girl with long plaids who came toward me, wanting to tell me she wanted to vomit, but the moment she opened her mouth, I got her vomit all waterfall-ed on me! And then there's this cute boy called Jason I think. A pretty small sized girl whom I admired, and her cousin sister or sister who looked big for her age. And that's all.

I hope I can put down Vic's memories in kindy, lock it up in a safe box for her, and when she grows older, she will remember her kindy days and friends with much fondness. Maybe then if Facebook still exist, she can even "hunt" them down. ;)

8 comments:

mNhL said...

i hardly remember my childhood.

Vic is so observant. Good for her.

Unknown said...

That's so cool of her,,,, i bet that plus sure comes from her happy childhood, right?

LittleLamb said...

is it from mummy's gene? the keh poh chi..ehehhehehe

Leeyen said...

Ooo! What Rachel said is a fact or a joke!?

Unknown said...

@Rach, Leeyen: I think so, I remembered "updating" and "getting updates" a lot between my buddy and I when I was pregnant with Vic, so maybe she overheard, and naturally picked the kpc genes up!

Ann said...

I don't remember anyone from kindy...hahaha....

Good of you to help her jot all these thing down so that she can renind herself when she is older.

A Mom's Diary said...

Wow! That's a lot of info that she gathers :-) My girl hardly tells me about her day in school, despite me asking. SIGH.

Unknown said...

@Mom's Diary, ooohhh I have to use spanner and plier to get Vic to talk... kekkeke!!