My boy boy, the small one... who once I knew was learning to crawl, walking with a stumble, couldn't speak in sentences let alone pronounce his words well, needed to be held on to and watched him like a hawk every other minute... he is wanting his independence now. Well, of course he's not moving out, silly! He's only nearing 3!!!
William's birthday falls (NOT) coincidently on the future king of England, the ever so charming, Prince William's wedding date with Kate Middleton... April 29th. Nearing 3, now he wants to wear his own socks, can get into and pull up his own pants (albeit he looks rather funny having pulled it too high up like a "ah pek"), brush his own teeth, button his own shirt, sometimes just doing whatever he pleases by himself.
Last night I wanted to take a prune out from the bag for him. Oh noooo... he no longer wants mummy to do it for him, he said, "I want to take it by mysseeeeelllff." Fine.
As for brushing teeth and wiping his own face with the wet towel, he's always wanted to do this himself, and I have to coax or trick him to help him. Happy? Ok lar... but at this stage I thought I should be THE ONE doing it, also because I'm a "yim jim por" aka perfectionist when it comes to hygiene of my kids.
Fearing that he and I may experience withdraw symptoms / separation anxiety when he starts school next year, I am already giving him pap talks. I told William boy boy that he will go to school himself (emphasing that word) and Mummy is not allowed to sit beside him. He tells me ok, that "mummy wait outside for me." Yea, I think I will. I probably might just be the weirdo peeping through the glass windows from the carpark, or be a nuisance to the administration by hanging around even after class starts. Or, maybe I would be the mummy crying outside the door while my boyboy jumps around in class and plays with his friends.
It is at this age between 2 to 4 yo that our kids "grow up" so fast and surprises us with many things. When William sings the nursery songs I teach him, he will say this at the end of the song, "Yaaaayyyy, clap hand!!!" and clap his hand, and expect all of us audience to applause too. So perasan, kah?
Well, that's him my boy boy. Maybe one day he will not want me to call him boy boy anymore? Just like how at 12, my bro stopped us all from calling him boy, hahaha, and totally ignored anyone who did.
At least he still wants to hold my hand now. ; )
Sweet and Sour Mandarin Fish (糖醋鱼)
1 week ago
2 comments:
Indeed they are growing up so fast. Sometimes I look at my son too and pray I am doing a good job bringing him up well.
Hope we will continue to have a good relationship with our sons and that they will never be ashamed to hold our hands in public.
Hi Irene, kids grow fast. Then its time to let go his hand, he heads off to University, Oxford or Harvard.
You get a break.....maybe 8 years....
He brings his kids to you to babysit.
The games go on, ha ha.
Have fun.
Lee.
Post a Comment