JellyPages.com

Sunday, May 8, 2011

1 party, 1 breakfast, 2 dinners and 1 supper...

Over the weekend, we went to Empire Shopping Gallery, a fairly new shopping mall in Subang Jaya to attend a Vic's classmate's birthday party at Kids Sports. The invite was open to the whole family, and it was yet another good gathering to meet up with some parent-friends of the other classmates. The birthday boy that day was Ivan Yip, celebrating with his cousin.

Rewind a little, in the morning I did my weekend marketing to stock up the fridge, then had breakfast at home with the kids and hubs. Shortly after that, I left the house for some work and after lunch, both hubs and I successfully put both kids to sleep at by 2pm, way ahead of their normal afternoon nap at 3-4pm.


7th May, Saturday 5pm - 7pm

Fully charged, the kids had an energized time at the indoor playground. Mummy was too chicken shit to slide down the giant slide with William and daddy. The boy looked back when he landed and shouted at me to come down. But mummy couldn't, my feet became jelly at the last moment, and I crawled back down the other way, much to William's well-expressed-disappointment. Oh well, he will forget... hopefully.

Big kid on the slide. Mummy to0 chicken to slide down this one... sorry, boy.



Vic tower over her good friend, Abigail. They were classmates last year and this year, hopefully next year in their new school too.


Rakuzen Restaurant, 730pm


We had a dinner reservation made at Rakuzen, a good Japanese restaurant, which is not a place we will eat too often because of the price. But the cranky salmon and kaki fry (fried oyster)roll was good, only that my stomach was already half full from the heavy tea snacks at the party. Kids shared a set of chicken teriyaki.

Cranky Salmon Roll

Kaki Fry Roll
Digging into her dinner
William was very very hungry and kept asking that we ate at Kids Sports instead.


Vic didn't eat much, because she was keeping stomach space for supper, which was our next reservation made at 9pm. Since we had sometime, it was good idea to walk around to help with the digestion. I strayed into Warehouse and my eyes caught sight of a lovely laced white blouse which price tag was even lovelier at RM273 and no discount. I put it back down and quickly hurried Vic and the maid out of the shop before I fall into temptation.

When I found the guys, William was checking out the B-class... no boy, you should look at the C250 CGI next to it, haiyaa!!




Swensens, 9pm
(Ivy/Kev, I remember this was where I first met you guys before your wedding)

Don't think we can handle the Earthquake (8 scoops of ice cream with toppings) so I told hubs to take it easy and go for a modest Topless 5. Vic FINALLY decided on the blackforest after contemplating two other flavours, William picked whatever that had raisin in it (he fell in love with rum n raisin at another place). I chose a Strawberry since it was hubs favourite, and the macadamia nut while hubs picked the yucky green almond whatever, haha. I said it tasted like medicine.

The kids enjoying their Swenson's. Wonder why William's face like that...






Mommies get a free bowl of chips. The kids almost whacked it while it was still hot, and I gave them my ultimatum. No chips till I say so, or they won't get their ice cream. Then when ice cream came, I said, no leaving this table and whoever does that will say bye bye to his or her ice cream. No second chances. Haha... mummy on mother's day is still a working fierce mommy, so don't play play huh.







8th May, Sunday morning, 730am-ish.

Sudden woke from a night of disturbed sleep because it was too hot again, my air con's working overtime and William has been giving us midnight shiatsu massages.

I opened my eyes to see a handsome young 3yo boy looking down at me, then turned over to see a sleeping princess with messy hair.

Hubs rushed into the room shortly, woke the grouchy princess up and after clean up, we all went downstairs, for a "surprise" lovely English breakfast. Almost. I had a German bratswurts, English breakfast sausage, Argentinian grapes, Cameron Highland tomatoes with Australian cheese slice, Spanish ham and some corn kennels with baby carrots... all prepared since 545am by my wonderful hubby!






Ham ommelete

Full English breakfast


Energy Day Spa, Mont Kiara, 1230pm - 3pm

After church, hubs dropped me off at this spa in Mont Kiara, which overlooks the MK Damai swimming pool. He has signed me up for a spa package (knowing very well that I have a weak spot for spas) comprising of steam bath, marine sea salt body scrub and their hot stone & relaxing body massage.

This was my first time to this spa and the experience here was blissful. The senior masseur who served me was filipino, had a gentle and soothing voice, and her pressure was firm and confident. I had a slight neckache from bad sleeping position thanks to William who had woke us up many nights (due to the heat, eventhough the air con was working overtime). Some unwanted midnight shiatsu massage from William was no help as well, but after the 2.5hour at the spa, I feel much better. Even the masseur noted that I had many tension knots on my neck.

Now I can turn my head like a human and not look like a robot ; )

If not for the fact that this place can well cause a dent on the credit card and give us premature weakening of the cardiac, I'd like to hang out here more often, hahaha.





Bangkok House, Petaling Jaya, 630pm

Thai dinner with friends.


Tired but enjoy a wonderful weekend. Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend too!

To the man who made me a mom - hey you set such high standards, I don't know if I will have headache when it comes to Father's Day. I love you.

6 comments:

mc said...

your hubby is so good! we had a busy weekend.. but none of it was related to mums :(

ps.cranky salmon? interesting name!

LittleLamb said...

V is ok with Swenson's icecream?? I find that swenson's quality is deteriorating... not worth the money spent. Inside SP, go to Chocolate, opposite Kenny Rogers

Unknown said...

@mc, actually mother's day is so commercialised, everyday should be mother's day, hor?

@littlelamb, yea, we checked with swensons that their ice cream is egg free, except for cookies and cream. Chocolate? is it the chocolate lounge?

coffeesncookies said...

Lucky you !!! :D

Ann said...

OH MY GOSH ! I am so envious of your Mothers' Day! hahahaha....

I don't understand the Empire outing though....was all the meals due to the party or just the Kids Sport thing?

Unknown said...

@Ann, haha, only this year so elaborate... we didn't know where to eat for dinner, so since Vic had a bday party at Kids Sports in Empire, might as well eat there too, and I chose Rakuzen... then hubs added the Swenson supper in conjunction with MD.