Here are random things that the kids say over the past couple of weeks:
1. "Shoot the fly ant" which then was corrected to, "Shoot the sandfly" and these means go stand at the drainage hole in the bathroom, and pee. : )
It all started with a couple of juvenile sandflies (possibly the ham sap ones) hanging around our bathroom and I got William to aim at them, then fire his pee on them. He enjoys this, sometimes says, "Aaaaiimmm... FIREEE!!!" followed by a stream of warm pee a few seconds later! Then he proclaims victoriously that he killed the sandflies!
2. "Happy mother's day"... my Vic can't really keep secrets. Not just yet. She told me in the beginning of the week that she will be making something special for me in school but she can't tell me. Whenever she see me tensed up or angry, she'd come by with a hug and quickly wished me happy mother's day. I laughed last night when she did this again, and told her mother's day is not yet until this weekend.
3. "Barbie is for girls" this is gramatically wrong, but this was exactly how William the 3yo said it. I remembered he said this some months back but today when I was sorting out old toys (just to find a shark that is still missing) and when Barbie came out, he said, "Mummy I think I don't want to play with Barbie anymore."
"Why?"
"Barbie is for girls, not for boys." William aptly replied.
So I pretended surprise and asked, "Who told you that?" (obviously the sister)
But the boy answered, "Me"... oh well, guess both Vic and Will are not into Barbies. Then as if to emphasise his decision, William gave Barbie a kick.
Ouch. Poor Barbie.
4. "Anene" pronounced the chinese way to describe the darker skinned community in Malaysia. No racism intended here, just that both kids have this weird fascination with the word, and they use it in the most peculiar way. For example, in songs... "One little, two little, three little... (william screams) Anenes" or "Old mcdonald had a farm, ee ai ee ai oo, and on his farm he had some (William adds) Anenes, ee ai ee ai oo..." and other nursery songs.
I can't remember other specific incidents, but at least one a day, this boy will go anene, either mumbling by himself, making a song out of this one word, or giving anene answers. Haiyooo!! Vic does this rarely, but she does join in the fun too, much to the brother's amusement!
Seriously, he doesn't think anene refers to people, but he thinks anene refers to his nipple, coz he did say this when he was topless. Shy shy!
Sweet and Sour Mandarin Fish (糖醋鱼)
1 week ago
1 comment:
When you said your son 'aptly' replied that barbies are for girls, aren't you being stereotypical?
Post a Comment