JellyPages.com

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Titbits about William

The other day after an incident where William pushed his sister, I told him to apologize. He being in the wrong, he went to apologize. And as usual, they are required to hug and "make up"... but Victoria was obviously still quite sore and didn't want to hug his brother. I kept telling her to wrap her arms around him and finally she did, and then William said this, "It's OK jie jie, next time don't do this again"

????

Last I checked, he was in the wrong, NOT Vic! How quickly and conveniently he turned the tables around.


*****

He proudly tells everyone - eversince he turned 3 - that "I'm already 3 years old" even without being asked, or sometimes when he mistakenly hears "How are you?" as "How old are you?"

Or at random moments he will tell me "Mummy I'm already three years old... "


*****

I noticed lately that he likes to pick dull colors like black, white and gray when he colors. He's still not very good in holding pencils and doesn't enjoy coloring or writing as much as he does reading. I say he's more of a "practical" guy than a "theory" fler, but what to do, he still gotta learn to write and draw and color, right?

Since he's not attending school yet, I don't want him to "lose out" and what better way to spend time at home than to learn his numbers, additions (yes, he can recite to you 1+1=2, 1+2=3, 1+3=4, and then he skips to 3+4=7 without understanding the quantity or concepts), alphabets and ryhmes.

William can spell his name. But not his chinese names.


*****

Last week during one of our breakfasts together, I asked him how was his sleep, and if he had any dreams. Quite silly, the last question because how would a toddler of 3 understand or remotely know what IS a dream, right? Maybe I'm wrong, but well, I was running out of topics to chat with my little breakfast kaki.

He answered me, "Yes" so the natural next question was to ask him about his dream.

He paused, then he said, "Errmm... I dream about you."

*Heart melting* but wanting to perasan a little longer, I asked him, "You dreamt about me? Oohh, how sweet! Why did you dream about me?"

"Errmm... because I love you."


*****

And somehow he has learnt how to "talk back" obviously from eavesdropping on conversations between Vic and Daddy.

Overheard when he was rebutting his sister when Vic told him to keep quiet, he said, "I have a mouth. I can talk anything I want."


*****

Just a while back when he was drinking his milk (still from a bottle) and I was lying beside him, I cheekily told him that he was my little prince.

No response. Guess his milk more important kua.

Then I added, just for effect, that I'm his princess la, like what he used to tell me that I'm Cinderella and he's the Prince Charming.

Finally he replied, "No!"

"Then who am I?" I pretended to be hurt.

He stared up at me, with bottle still in mouth, and very matter of factly replied, "You're Mummy lor!"

Sigh. Looks like the Cinderella-Prince Charming days are over. And he's not even 4 yet.

*****

Loves puzzles. Only frustrating part is, this boy can do the same puzzle over and over again, just like how he loves certain DVD shows and can watch them a zillion times, WITHOUT getting bored. Oh my, but how I endureth!

This he does "all by himself"... and more

I guess kids are like this, and one day they will outgrow. I'm not wishing that yet, but loving every bit of Vic and Will's moments. Maybe consider a third one? Oh, but when we probe William's opinions on a younger sibling, he nonchalantly answered, "No, I don't want a mei mei or a titi because the baby don't know how to talk, don't know how to ask me (permission) and take my toys."

So, don't get your hopes high yet... hehehe... he's not into sharing his baby cot or giving up his special place on our bed just yet.


*****

I didn't suffer from any Terrible Twos, now that the year is over, and he's turned 3. But lately he's shown some rebellious part of him, defying some of the Queen Mother's orders, even being dilly dally and played rough by hitting and pushing his sister!

Oh, the times he got reprimanded, but he's quick to show remorse and seemingly repentance, and even if he gets mad at the reprimander aka ME - he'd sulked by himself then waits to be "pujuk-ed" back, and forgives fast.

He's NOT afraid of Mr R O Tan, and think it's a whacking toy. Maybe I should get TWO Mr R O Tans. Hhhmm??

Whines when he doesn't get what he wants, which kinda irritates me coz he's a boy and boys shouldn't whine, they should ask professionally, nicely, gently, convincingly.

Lazy during meal times at home, after a few spoons, he rather I feed him. If Kakak feed, food don't taste so nice.

Not such an angel afterall!

*****

Still likes to hold and play with Mummy's hair - whether drinking milk and about to sleep, or when wants comfort and crying, or playful in the car while I'm driving.

10 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Irene, thats a good looking boy you have there.
And can see he's having his own personality now....
Keep up the good work....he'll one day exceed your expectations.....
One good mother is better than a 100 teachers.
Have fun,
Lee.

Unknown said...

Uncle Lee, thank you for your compliments.

Unknown said...

You know dear, really really want, treasure them when they are young,otherwise when they outgrow us,we will pant for those lovely dovey feeling but not there anymore,,,,hahahahha

so Now He is 3,,soon very soon he shall be 13..have a great week ahead ya

Ann said...

I think the terrible twos start at 3! hahahaha.....

Glad to know William is not a angel....makes my son look good:)

Ask my son his age and he will say "I don't know." Though he has loads to say to all other questions.

One thing has not changed though...William is a handsome bloke.

Leona said...

U caught my attention when u mentioned...No.3???? hehe!

So William shows his street smart side...and a brave confident boy too.

Adrine said...

I like the first scenario. Smart fella!

N I think 3 is a far more challenging age than 2 ;)

Lee said...

Hi Irene, just dropped by say hello.
Incidentally, before marriage, I'd always dreamt I would love a daughter.
Even noted 4 names I would decide on...
And, it was, Irene, Ramona, Dixie, Trixie.
Ha ha.
Have a nice day.
Lee.

Unknown said...

@Uncle Lee, thank you for dropping by again, haha I know why you would have named your daughter Irene, Dixie and Ramona but Trixie? Have you been in touch with Dixie since you guys parted?

mc said...

gosh, william says such lovely things. what a sweet boy!

Unknown said...

Mc, oh yes he is a highly possessive charmer. The first gynae said he will be a Casanova...