This was the final "event" after the exam and the party, to mark the end of JMC. Kids from all other JMC classes also participated with different rendezvous, ending with the presentation of certificates.
Ipoh
In Ipoh, I satisfied my craving with their famous tau fu fa from two different stalls and the curry fried pork skin chee cheong fun, tapau-ed a variety of yong tau fu from the famous (but shamefully, my first time) "dai geok shee" (translated, it means big leg tree) and also the salted chicken.
My grandpa ie the kids' tai gong celebrated his 93rd birthday the evening before which we were not able to attend because of the concert in the PJ, but we made it up with another dinner out with him that evening at a restaurant of his choice.
For the 3 days since we left for Kuantan on Friday, we have spent alot of time on the road, and very tiring for the driver especially but no regrets. Tai gong is not getting any younger, and he's not aging gracefully, complaining about his deteriorating health and inability to do certain things that he could previously do, and the least we could do was to be with him, to assure him that we still love him the way he is now.
The following week, Vic had over 10 homework mainly from the two days she was absent from school, in addition to her current homework. Poor girl did her homework after lunch, and after tuition and still couldn't finish. I let her continue the next day but Vic said, "Mummy next time I don't want to go for holiday if I have to skip school."
You think she meant it? Naaahhhh....
One more holiday post coming up - Singapore!
5 comments:
Yummy JJ Cakes
YEah..holidays are nice and fun...
but when the reality sinks in AFTER the holiday..that is the part I don't like!
Ya lor...the homework that the kids are given nowadays...scary. I am so scared to miss one day of kindy for RYan too...coz it just accumulates!
Nevermind la..Vic...Mummy can help too with the homework right? :p
AAAAARRRRGHHHH....if I knew you were going to Ipoh I would have ask you to get me the swissroll too! :)
Nice holiday and hope the driver is fully recovered now.
@Small Kucing, total agreement! The shop assistant said can keep for only 3 days, my cousin said 2 weeks (still no lau sai) and mine is still around for 1 week : )
@Leona, all the cleaning up and laundry after getting back already giving me headache. But good to be home, home sweet home.
@Ann, uoohh, didn't know you also a JJ fan!
I've read quite a few bloggers writing about JJ. Where exactly is this la? The driving bit - we do it every year during CNY! PIL in Kuantan, then back to Ipoh with my mum's side of the family. We cut the journey shorter by taking the Genting way, coming out through Ulu Yam into Tanjung Malim.
Post a Comment