JellyPages.com

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Vic's Kindy Sports Day

Oh, you know how I "love" sports days, right?  Hahaha, at one stage of my early teenagehood I was rather athletic, representing the school in solo races and relay races, and then I stopped.  I so loathe sports days as it's always hot, sweaty and sticky.

After more than a decade of not being part of one, this is my first, and I must give credit to the kindergarten staff for a superbly organized event, complete with tents, sufficient chairs, fans, and catered food for 4 pax per child.

Saturday, 25th July 2011, 0730- 1100

Admittedly, it was hard to wake up at 630am, waking hubby up too and getting Vic ready. I stole another 15minutes of sleep before I finally but reluctantly extended one arm to pat Victoria up, and another arm to nudge the sleeping spouse.

We left the house at 0715, in time to reach kindy at 0735, whereupon hubby drop me and Vic off first, before heading off to buy light breakfast for Vic, and William continued his snooze in the car. Vic had only half a cup of milk before leaving the house (not with empty tummy, ok!) but at registration, her class teacher said I won't have any opportunity to pass her breakfast, but she will offer Vic some sausages and Milo.

Before the event started

I managed to sneak into the classroom where the children were waiting.

The welcome by the master of ceremony started a little after 8am, followed by a procession of the children, according to their classes, beginning from the 6yos to the cute little 3yos. Vic's class walked out first, and thanks to my buddy who arrived earlier, we had good seats right in front of the procession and speeches.

During the national anthem.  Note the colorful balloons hanging there, William helped himself to the black one and pretended it was the black angry bird that bombs up!

After the national anthem was sung and two speeches by the school principal and Senior Pastor of the church, we were entertained by a "surprise" (as Vic did not mention this at all, nor dropped any hints) dance presentation by all the 6yos.


There are altogether 7 games, each game participated by 2 classes of the same age group as well as divided into 4 teams. Vic was in the Yellow Team, and from where we were seated, we had a good view of her, as well as the medals and hampers, and the score chart!

Vic's class participated in the Finding Nemo game, where the each kid would put in a ball in a gunnysack, then hopped in the gunnysack to the other end, take the ball out to place in a container, then run back holding the gunnysack to pass to the next kid.


Somehow, Vic was in the same team as her good friend from last year, Abigail. : )

During the game, watching their other friends' turn

Vic's Yellow Team came in FIRST PLACE for the game, and oh, how I missed the part where she screamed in joy with her team members the moment the teacher pronounced them winners.  The crowd continued to cheer on the remaining teams.

The weather was kind, and we thank God, otherwise we'd have melted there.  I brought my SPF50 just in case but never needed to use it.  William got a little laugai towards the end, when the sun came out at 10am and he probably got restless.  Mommy and Daddy participated in a parents game, where the mother had to tie 12 rubberbands on the father's head afterwhich the father had to finish drinking a bottle of juice.  My hubby's hair was so micro short, and I was worried about the rubberbands fallling off.

Look at my work of art on hubby's head : )

And finally... Victoria's gold medal

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha...i love they way you tie ur hubby hair...
Congrats Vic...

LittleLamb said...

hhahahahahah u can suggest this tie hair game in cg..

A Mom's Diary said...

Vic is good in keeping secrets eh? Yiu Yiu had been practising the performance at home. Hey I have some photos of Vic in the tent towards the end of the event. Will email to you soon.

coffeesncookies said...

Oh my... Did. Take another pic of yr hubs... Front view ? I'd say u did a pretty neat job.

Unknown said...

Haha, you mommies seem to be very interested in my hubby's temporary hairstyle, eh?

@Elaine, yea I did take a front view ; )