Vic used to receive RM1 each week in the beginning of the year, in training to teach her how to budget, how to safe and how to spend. But after a month or so after that, the pocket money stopped as I was too busy to keep track. On top of that, she received the occassional angpow which she asked to keep in her piggy bank and request approved.
So, in total she had less than RM30.
She is NOT given pocket money for any chores that she does, whether within or beyond her scope. Those within her chore scope are such as cleaning up her own things, bringing her plate to the kitchen after her meals, doing her homework, and any other adhoc work.
If she is asked to wake her brother, or help her brother clean up, or give her brother water, she does not get any pocket money for that.
I gave her a preliminary lecture in the cafeteria immediately after learning of her RM10 thrill, followed by a good long lecture in the car, whereupon the radio went off and the smaller brother knowingly kept very silent. Back home, all her pocket money in her wallet and her piggy bank is confiscated until further notice.
In the afternoon, she wrote "I am sorry for giving away money foolishly" eleven times (which she finished very quickly so I guess that was too easy for her). I forgot to mention that she (and her class) was given a task by teacher to ask their respective fathers, "What is a quarter cent?" which she did not do so.
At night after cell, she got another lecture from Daddy and the two smacks from Mr R O Tan the next morning.
And that was the end of her lesson. Hopefully it's a lesson learnt.
Sweet and Sour Mandarin Fish (糖醋鱼)
1 week ago
3 comments:
hugz to mummy and victoria.
Hope she realized now....sometimes, must be strict in certain matter.... Then, what next Irene.... .? Everything ok?
May I know how did you find out about this incident? Was she just imitating a tv game show where money is being given out as the prize?
Post a Comment