I'm leaving for London for 10 days away, with my Dad. As you can see, we've been to a few holidays lately and hubby and I agreed earlier on that he will stay back as his workload at monthends are always very hectic. I cannot say enough how great a guy my hubby is (ahem! I'm bias, you might think), and I thank him for releasing me for this break.
In fact, hubby encouraged me to spend time with my dad, and I really appreciate that. It's a rare opportunity to go travelling and sightseeing for just the two of us, a passion that both dad and I have in common. My love for London and her country is undoubted. When dad had his sabbatical in 1985, it was my first time stepping foot in this beautiful country. I feel in love with it at 7.
Our last first trip back to the United Kingdom was our children's first... in February 2010 for 18 days. That is still the BEST holiday I ever had. If you read about them from my archive, you will see why.
Going away now, I have mixed feelings. It's hard to feel excited with all the recent tragedies in the air. Even when we booked our tickets, we contemplated other airlines and still preferred Malaysia Airlines because of the direct route and time of arrival. At that time, I thought that such "bad luck" will not strike twice, but MH17 compounded my fear.
Still, we decide to proceed, despite the prospect of getting a full refund. Everyday I ask God to watch over my family and my trip. I'm placing my trust in God, that ask if you could, please pray along with me for journey mercies to and fro.
We've been married 10 years this year, and it's the first time we are away from each other for so long. To say we will miss each other will be a gross understatement.
We will be together again very soon... I love you all always!
Sweet and Sour Mandarin Fish (糖醋鱼)
1 week ago
9 comments:
Oh Irene. you are truly blessed to have such a wonderful and understanding husband, great kids and loving parents. Have a fab time in London!
Enjoy your London holiday!! Following your pics in FB :-) 4141
uhm..ignore the "4141" in my comment. typed that for the spam thingy but dunno why it appeared in comment.
have a nice holiday Irene
@Adrine..LOL...i kena too many times :p
Happy Holiday Irene
You've been travelling alot this year. I wish I have the chance. Good for you dear and take care.
Are you back already?
Hope you have a good time holidaying and shopping!
Hope you enjoy your holiday in UK!
Post a Comment