This afternoon we had a family outing... to the hospital for William's 4th immunization jab. He was scheduled to take this jab mid-October, but unfortunately he was admitted for bronchiolitis, so we deferred this till today.
He was due for his second Rotavirus vaccine, and his Hepatitis B, Triple Antigen, Polio and HIB booster, but because he is over 6 months now, there is no point taking the 2nd Rotavirus vaccine, which will not be very effective. So he has to skip that. He got the other vaccines, with just one jab on his buttock, WITHOUT CRYING, or even batting an eye! That's me boy!! (Actually, the nurse was not around, so the doctor told me to distract him with this really loud squeeky plastic fish toy, and talk to him) Hubby carried him.
After losing approx 1.3kg when he had the flu and bronchiolitis, he's now:
Weighing: 9.2kg
Height: 72cm
Head Circumference: 46cm
All on the very top percentile of the chart. Of course, I asked the doc if my boy is considered obese, or will have tendency to be obese, but the doctor said, nope, not at this age. Nothing to worry. But I say, he's not really a big eater or drinker, and I've only JUST started him on rice cereals not porridge... anyway, the doc said I can go ahead with porridge and more solids, but take it slowly as he is on high risk of getting allergy too.
So, I'll play safe. A lot of interesting articles on the internet, and I'll probably start him with vege porridge and non-citrus fruits. Ban the scallops and oysters and here's an interesting bit from the paediatrician... cod fish ranks the highest as most allergenic fish!
Sweet and Sour Mandarin Fish (糖醋鱼)
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment