Victoria likes to talk now. Yet, she can be very shy with people she doesn't know, or hardly know, or hardly see. But it takes between half a day or one day to warm up with her, and she'll be almost herself. She was reserved and careful with stangers since she was a baby. But that is good in a way as she is a girl, it's probably not such a good idea to get friendly with everyone and anyone. (Also to note, when Victoria was a baby she will not allow any tom, dick, harry or jane to carry her)
It seemed like just yesterday that Victoria would pronounce some words in her own way. When she learnt to talk, she couldn't pronounce the letters "S" or "F" properly, and would end up saying words like "socks" as "hocks" and "fish" as "tish."
When she started calling Daddy, she called him "Te Te" and Mummy? Well, it was also "Te Te" but with a different intonation. We tried pestering her to call me, but she'd not.
One afternoon whilst driving out of a car park at Sea Park with Hubby, Popo and Gong Gong in the car, I was jokingly complaining that she has learnt to call almost everyone in the family except for me. Hubby tried to console me that now I wish she call me, but one day when she's older she'd be yelling "Mummmmmmyyy" and I wish she'd stop.
Then Victoria just called out, "Mummmmmmyyy" in imitation of her Daddy. She understood us.
We were stunt. I couldn't believe my ears. I think I asked her to call me again. But she wouldn't lar. That was around 2 years ago.
Now she calls me different names. She'd call me Mother (in an English way), or Mummy ahhh (in a very Cina way).
I even got a nickname from her... it's Mummy Heh Heh.
Sweet and Sour Mandarin Fish (糖醋鱼)
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment