That was sometime last year. Since then, we never got her to watch other movies, as she would not be able to sit through the whole movie or be even afraid of some scenes.
But since the school holidays, I wanted to bring her to watch Toy Story 3, which so happens to be my favourite series as I loved the first and second part. And afterall, I thought, what can be so scary about toys right? She might even love it, and relate to it as she has her doll Heh Heh now whom she play with so much, just like Andy in the movie.
In the afternoon, I insisted that she took her nap, but she didn't want to, until 5pm I gave her the eye mask, which was the ultimate. That and 2 hours later, she woke and quickly dressed, then off we went. Our dinner was meehoon in the car; she ate whilst I maneuvered traffic.
So yesterday we went for her maiden cinema show together at GSC Midvalley. The show was at 9pm and we got there with just enough time to collect the pre-paid tickets and go to the ladies, despite the heavy after-office Friday jam.
We got far left, back row seats, and took out our snacks. Too many advertisements before the show, and Vic kept asking me when the show will start. I gave her a brief introduction of the show when we were in the car, and also reminding her that this is just a cartoon, and there will be a happy ending, so she shouldn't be afraid.
Unfortunately, Vic became scared when the toys wanted to escape the Sunnyside Daycare in the show, and she came over to hug me. I carried her, quite awkwardly as she is such a big girl now, and asked her the dreaded question, "Do you wanna go home?" Of course she said yes. And she added that she missed William.
Mummy bought some time coz the movie was at its peak with the toys making their great escape with Woody... but that was as far as it got. We left and I told hubby that we will just have to buy the DVD.
Oh well. One hour into a movie... that's definitely a big feat for Vic, and a great improvement from Nemo (less than 15 minutes).
2 comments:
Awww, you did well, Vic! Good for your first experience. maybe next time, you can go with Mummy and a friend from school...
In my case, I prepped Philip in advance. For 1 week, he watched Toy Story 1 and 2 over and over and we made it through for Toy Story 3 from beginning to end....
Post a Comment