JellyPages.com

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wow

Seriously I don't know how to title this post. I am so full of pride of how William slept this afternoon, or more like, a few minutes ago.

As usual, he takes his milk and I read two books to him. Today I read "The Frog Prince" and "The Castle that Jack built" which were two of the four new books we bought this week. Then I told him to sleep, but he seemed playful.

I got three kisses from him, which isn't too difficult, coz I'm such idiote-mom, I'm training my boy boy to kiss me from baby and hopefully he will still kiss me in his teens and adulthood without any shyness. (Tip: use bribery to kick start programme)

And here's another good part. After the lights off, I told him sternly if he continues to play on Daddy Mummy's bed, then he has to go to his baby cot and sleep by himself. (When I initially executed this "threat", he cried his lungs out but you gotta have a strong heart not to give in lar... after a couple of times, he knows I mean business, but now?)

The last time, and today, William surprised me by agreeing to go to his baby cot. No protest, no cries, no delays. He got up, walked over, and tried to climb in himself. I gave him his two favourite soft toys to sleep with, the Cat and Frog.

Then I left the room, checked on Vic downstairs who was doing her Chinese homework, and after 5 minutes, went up again to check on William.

Naughty boy was asleep, hugging his soft toys.

Aaahh... is this every mother's dream? Is my boy boy getting too independent too soon?

5 comments:

smallkucing said...

Hi! Thanks for dropping by my blog and saying such nice thing. *blushing*

GMy boy also dont wanna kiss me. So i use reverse pychology. I told him "nooooo...dont wanna kiss". Then he turns into this Kissing Monster. kakakaka

Reanaclaire said...

It is a very mixed feeling thought, right? but then it is nice knowing that he is independant..

Leeyen said...

Not that I want to dissapoint you, you know even if my boy who has been kissing me good night since young, just can't kiss me good bye in the car before he walks into school!

Unknown said...

yea i guess that day will come that boy boy won't wanna kiss me, probably even ask me to drop him off a few metres away from school... sigh, so now better enjoy and "reap" whatever kisses i can.. hehe

Ann said...

Nice that William can sleep on his own. I guess when you feel you want to be needed, just go sit by his bedside and pray for him.

You have a lovely boy Irene. Loving and growing up...