Last Tuesday I decided maybe I should try William WITHOUT his diapers for that day... see how it goes. My little helper, Vic who was on the whole week's holidays, was ever ready and enthusiatic to encourage the brother.
Big boy now
In the morning William did part of his big business in his diapers and the other part (which I managed in time) deposited in the bowl. After that, I bathed him and took the opportunity to remind him that he's getting older now and should learn how to shee shee in the potty or toilet like us, so no more diapers.
Vic came in and asked if I needed help to take his clothes, I said no, coz it's already on the bed. Silently I thought, "Oh no, she must be up to something!" when she just suddenly disappeared and no sounds.
Monkey business
When William finished his bath, I was pleasantly surprised to see, admist her excited scream of "surrrprrriiissseeee!" laying neatly on the bed, arranged strategically on top of his pants, a new monkey underwear (which we bought from UK early this year).
Thanks Vic
With a little nudge from the sister (and thanks to her brilliant idea) and simply because William was into this this monkey cartoon (Curious George, if any of you have seen this) for the last one month, William finally agreed to NO DIAPERS only if he wore the underwear!
So that was it! My few attempts earlier failed because he didn't want hisbird bird to fly away and this underwear actually "secures" his little birdie! My boy is soooo conservative! ;P
The first hour
Anyway, the first one hour, Vic kept asking William if he wanted to shee shee, every 5 minutes or so! It was quite hilarious especially during breakfast when all she could think of is getting the brother to sit on the potty. An hour later, we put him on the potty after asking him, and when he successfully deposited his little biz there, we all felt triumphant! Wow! (I am already thinking how easy this could be... haha) Then my little helper shoo-ed me away and told me that she can manage wearing his underwear and pants back. (Of course I insisted to supervise)
Oops!
That afternoon, I think two accidents, and that evening 4 in an hour after dinner (must, must NOTE this down)! Poor hubs was the one taking over in the evening as I brought Vic for her JMC class... kekekeke!
The next few days, some successes and some accidents but a little accustomization for the boy as he was confused why I wore diapers for him when he was going to sleep (refused - aiyaks!)
A couple of times, quite randomly, I put him on the throne and he did not only his small business there, but also deposited the bigger one! So totally proud of him! Haha... : )
Along the highway
One thing I want to put down also was when we were heading back to Seremban on Friday morning, I didn't put him in a diaper as it was just an hour's trip and he did both his business before that. Hubs was rather hesitant, and so we kept asking him almost every 10 minutes or at any stop opportunity if he wanted to pee.
At one stretch of the highway (LEKAS highway, because we avoided the jam with this detour, thanks to FIL who guided us. Even the GPS did not know the way!) William said he wanted to pee. So we stopped on the emergency lane, pretty dangerous but it was uphill and the cars could see us, the traffic was light.
Took his pants off, hubs held him one side and startled whistling (guys do this, right?) and I did the "sheee sheee" sound... all the time we kept checking if the ground was wet and looking out at traffic! William took his time to pee but after what seemed like eternity, but really was only 3-4 minutes, aaahh, a little stream of river!
So that is the first 5 days account of William diaper-free days!
Sweet and Sour Mandarin Fish (糖醋鱼)
1 week ago
6 comments:
Wow congrats! Baby is still on diapers on and off, have not successfully potty trained her. Eh, you can bring a little empty bottle and leave it in your car for that little emergencies. Many people do that, coz it's easy for little boys to just aim inside an empty honey bottle or a vitagen bottle hehe..
Whoa!! Dun congratulate me yet, haha, it's only the first week, I don't know if can be fully off-diaper by year end or not, haha! Good idea on the vitagen bottle, only thing is William is still sitting down to pee... haha
I don't think vitagen bottle big enuf. I used to keep those 500ml mineral water bottle. got cap to close back until convenient to pour away. But when he grew bigger the edges of the bottle opening tickled his bird so I 'upgraded' to peanut butter bottle. One in the car, one in the stroller. Like sometimes in huge malls, toilet very far la. So just hide one corner and pee. but can't do this with girls.
wait a minute....he's a boy! Why pee sitting down????
Continue to wish u success...so that he will be 100% diaper free SOON.
aaaahh....congrats! Good job to William. And thanks to your little helper! And good for mummy's persistence.
one more savings to add to the education bag!
Post a Comment